Chapter 4

Swinging from tire to tire was harder than it seemed, Beca's mood felt like a rollercoaster and she was searching for Chloe's company all the time. Luckily her best friend was by her side supporting her in silence. The brunette's thoughts didn't stop bothering though, and when Chloe was singing Lady Marmalade Beca had to make extra effort to concentrate on her pitch. Just like every other kid raised in the 90's she was well aware of the lyrics, and she so didn't need that right now.

Aubrey enjoyed pairing Chloe and Beca, she was having so much fun and helping her best friend at the same time, so she didn't think twice before sending Beca alone to help Chloe go though the spider-web of ropes. The moment when the redhead let her body weight on Beca's arms was priceless. And also when she told Chloe to crawl on the inflatable big thing, and then told Beca to jump on it first so the ginger would fly. The happiness on her best friend's face was a treasure, when Beca yelled "Chloe, here I go! Get ready, weirdo!"

Actually Beca was having so much fun too so she decided to be naughty in the next exercise. The Bellas had to walk in line on flat rubber over the water. Aubrey was explaining something about teamwork to keep balance and other stuff that wasn't interesting at all. Beca was planning her move while Chloe was enjoying the view of the brunette's butt. I will thank Aubrey for these exercises later. She thought with a smirk. A second later Beca playfully pushed Amy to the water causing a domino effect, so she fell too and Chloe fell on top of her, and all the Bellas behind them fell too. Laughter made it hard for them to stand up again. I really have to give Aubrey a gift to thank her for these exercises. Chloe kept thinking, making sure Beca was trapped under her tummy for as long as possible.

Since then Beca started to feel nervous again and she didn't enjoy the waterslide. By the time they got in the mud all the girls were tired feeling cramps in all their muscles and Beca didn't have it easy with Chloe grabbing her arm to help herself move. In fact she felt touches all over her in a weird mess of mud and Bellas trying to get out of there. The redhead managed to be the first one somehow, and as she reached Aubrey the blonde sprayed water all over her saying in a moderated volume "I saw you! I saw how you enjoyed the day, you bitch! You're burning, we'll need firemen!" Laughter blurting out and making Chloe laugh hard too. Both friends were feeling very happy, but it couldn't last long.

"That was two steps away from being almost fine" Aubrey said, when all the girls finished their last song, exhausted. Of course it was a good compliment coming from the former captain of the Bellas, but it was the last straw on Beca's back.

"Sorry, what are we doing?" She asked. Again the damn question. It was directed to Aubrey, but it was Chloe who answered.

"We're rediscovering our sound!" What's wrong with you Beca, seriously. We've had an amazing day together and you won't let go that annoyed mood...Despite her concern and increasing anger, she was able to smile. Aubrey nodded in agreement.

Beca got pissed "Really? Cause it just looks like we're singing songs that would never go in our set"

"Beca, come on!" Chloe pleaded, sad look on her face. It was the last chance to get Beca back to her senses. It didn't work.

The brunette wanted to beat Das Sound Machine and she wasn't feeling like all that stuff was going to help them. Aubrey tried her last chance too, saying it was only an exercise, but it was too late. Beca was on the train of tiredness and frustration.

"I've got more important things to do!" She exclaimed while the rest of the girls started walking away. All of them except Chloe.

"What can be more important than this?" Asked the redhead, now as angry as Beca was. There is nothing more important than the Bellas now, it will be over soon! What can be more important than enjoying every moment with us? With me?