Never Ending

Chapter Seven -

***

     I turned on my heel to see the person I least expected. Draco Malfoy. His grey eyes were staring into mine, they had no end. "I need to talk to you." He demanded me, grabbing my wrist and tugging me towards an empty corridor.

     In the flash of an eye, he was ten inches from my face, showing no sign of budging. "How can I possibly help you?" I asked him, still staring at his perfect face.

     He chuckled, but I was still clueless to why he wanted to talk to me. "I just wanted to get to know you better, Potter seems like he has a thing for you, so it's a bonus." Draco mused smoothly, smirking at the idea of Harry being jealous.

    "I highly doubt Harry likes me, it's only been two days. And, on the other note, who said I'd want to know you?" I laughed lightly, smirking as I did so.

     "Who wouldn't?" He asked sarcastically.

      I began to count to count on my fingers, "I could think of more than ten..." I I laughed, smiling at him broadly.

       "I can think of more than twenty and that's on the top of my head." He countered me, then continued, "So, what do you say? Friends? Enemies... None of the above?" He trailed off, waiting for a response from me.

       I thought for a moment then blurted, "Friends. But don't tell Harry or Ron or Jasper or Hermione and definitely not G-" I rambled then saw that he was eyeing me seriously.

       "Sorry. But yes, we are friends. The Gryffindor and Slytherin." I summed it out and briefly quoted.

      "Then it's settled." He stated, wrapping his arms around me. I copied his action and hugged him tightly, feeling a connection with him more than I should have.

    "See you around." I let go of him and walked off, feeling cold without him by me. I didn't even try to stop myself from thinking that way, why stop something that isn't negative?

       I checked my muggle watch for the time and nearly jumped out of my own skin when I saw it was an hour past dinner. Looks like 'father' will be waiting for me.

       I scowled at myself, not liking that I had come to think of Harry this way. I know he was only looking out for me, but sometimes it's just bloody annoying. If this is how he acts when we've just met, then what about seventh year?! I'll be dead with social life!

     I sighed one last time and headed into the friendly common room where Hermione was on the couch reading a book, Jasper was doing worthless potions homework from Snape and Ron and Harry were playing a violent game of wizard's chest. I love how they're actually warriors!

       "Hey, Tatum. We thought you already went to bed." Ron said, looking up from the board of intensity.

       I shrugged like it was nothing big. "Nah, just decided to explore a little bit. And I'm sorry for dropping that whole bomb of awkward on you guys at dinner." I apologized, feeling bad.

       Harry's expression looked grim. "No, I'm sorry for acting that way and making you tell us."

      Hermione nodded her head in agreement. "Yes, I'm dreadfully sorry! Is there anyway I could make it up to you?" She prodded with pleading eyes.

      I nodded and engulfed her in a hug, though it was not as warm as Draco's, it was a hug of forgiveness. "It's okay. You would've known it anyway in a few months." I assured them all.

       Jasper finally spoke up, "It's true." I stuck my tongue out at him and jumped from Hermione and the couch to Jasper and the floor. 

       "How's the homework, bud?" I sarcastically teased him, looking at the work with disgust. "It looks gross like Snape and that greasy hair of his." I commented, speaking the truth. Ugh! Has that man ever heard of Herbal Essence?! I'm getting him some for Christmas, even though I'm sure he hates my guts because I'm a Gryffindor.

      Ron busted out in hysterics of laughter, followed by Harry and Hermione who hid her laugh as a cough. Jasper just rolled his eyes and pushed me off. "Why do you smell like cologne?" He asked, smelling my robes.

      Crap!

     That freakin' cologne he just has to wear! I gave him a fake confused look. "What are you talking about? I did try out some new perfume." I lied.

     He raised an eyebrow at me, causing me to laugh awkwardly. "Well, look at the time! Time for bed!" I blabbed, scrambling up the stairs.

     "Wait!" Harry called out to me. I rolled my eyes and turned to him and walked towards his direction.

     So close!

     "Yeah?"

     "Did Malfoy talk to you after dinner? He wasn't there."

     "No. I wasn't near the dungeons, I was talking to a RavenClaw." This lying is really getting annoying. And it's only my second night!

      "Oh-okay. Well good night." He said, going back to Ron and Jasper. Hermione walked up the stairs with me and pulled me into a hug.

      "What really happened, Tate? You can trust me."

***