Locker section 17000

"The students are in the cafeteria," stated Callahan, walking up beside me. Unused to it, I flinched, nearly stopping in my tracks.

"Sorry-"

"What's your point?" I asked, ignoring that Callahan now had the power to make me flinch. I didn't want him to apologize, it was such an absurd thing to be sorry about.

"Why would they all be in one room like that?" He asked, studying my face.

"I don't know," I shrugged, rolling my eyes. He was smarter then me, and besides I was busy saving his ass.

"Come on Sanchester, what do you know?" He whispered. I growled at him. Oh hell no is he getting to know anything, nope nope nope nope NOPE. Not happening.

"I don't know," I stated, turning a corner and entering a well known main hallway called Wing of the 17000s, or LS 17. It was a hallway separated into three parts, two rows of lockers in between the main rows. It was created when the school realized they couldn't house 40,000 students. The lockers began at 17000 and ended at 19000, that's how big it was. It was like Century Highs equivalent to the forest, you lost your friends within minutes of stepping inside of you weren't careful. Anyway, the disadvantage was double now.
I almost literally growled again, stopping in front of it.

"Something wrong?" Asked Ethan in a taunting tone. Almost like he wanted us to get killed to prove a point.

"This is a-"

"Problem," cut in Callahan.

"We'll be-"

"Separated."

"And-"

"Killed."

"Stop it!" I exclaimed, whirling around and facing him. He grinned smugly at having phased me, and I gave him the face. And the finger.

"Okay people, we've got to run through this," catching some terrified glances, I added on, "that's right. Exercise."

"Oh Jesus no, not exercise," said Ethan, feigning fear. He was a football player, and enjoyed making fun of non-athletic people. I'd never been to one of his games, but he wore a bright red football jersey proudly, like Callahan. His nameless girlfriend played volleyball and whatever else contributed to popularity.

"Yeah, Sanchester. Not everyone is as out of shape as you," she grinned, stroking Ethan's arm. Was she....taunting me? With ETHAN?!

"Then I'll race you," I said.

"Do you really think that now is the time for this?" Asked a twelfth grader.
The little group consisted of no ninth graders, two tenth graders, three eleventh graders, and six twelfth graders. I was one of them, seventeen yet still only 5'1. Now you know why everyone did what we said, because if age doesn't determine power in the group, it's social status. They listened to me because I occasionally got into fist fights with football players.
Oh yeah, and I kill people.

"Why not? It'll give you motivation to get through," I shrugged at him.

"Yeah, to see who wins," shrugged....goddamn it......what's her face......A.......A.......F? No, uh......AAAAeehhh..........Aphrodite! That's right!

"Why do you look so confused? Is it really that hard to understand the rules of a race?" Laughed Aphrodite.

"No, I was trying to remember your name," I answered honestly. I heard a chuckle, and glanced at Callahan who was covering up a grin. Even Ethan cracked a smile. I held back my own proud smile and turned to face the LS 17. It was the truth, however, for once.