All We Are-One Republic

This chapter is dedicated to Bhavyakriti for guessing my age.

Nico's POV:

I heard a blood curdling scream and ran out of my cabin to see where it was coming from. I whipped my head from side to side searching for the victim. A crowd of campers started to gather around a cabin, but I couldn't see which one. Realization washed over me. It's the Ballona cabin. I hurried forward and pushed past campers who sent me scowls. Reyna!

"Why are you all just standing around like idiots? Get out of my way!"

My blood chilled as I opened the door. The place was a wreck. Mirrors shattered, desks broken. About the only thing that wasn't torn up was Travis's TV. I heard a strangled sob coming from the bathroom. I rushed in to find Reyna having a meltdown in the middle of the floor with broken glass around her.

"Reyna?!" She looked up with a tear streaked face and glared at me.

"What are you doing here?" She growled in a dangerously calm tone. Oh no. I've been here before but in a different way. People eventually push me away because various reasons. I panicked and my instincts took over.

"EXCUSE ME!? I WAS COMING TO SEE IF MY FRIEND WAS OK! BUT I GUESS NOT IF YOU'RE IS PUSHING ME AWAY. THIS HAPPENS SOONER OR LATER SO MIGHT AS WELL GET IT OVER NOW! I snapped at her.

She just looked down without a word. I turned on my heel and stopped. All the campers were staring at me with wide baffled eyes and some girls were even on the verge of tears. I drew my Stygian iron sword and stepped forward. The capers backed away a few feet. I could sense them itching to draw their weapons. I hastily walked to the door way.

"Move!" I angrily shouted at the few remaining campers. They obeyed my command as if I had been leading them my whole life. I dashed between them and in a split second I dissolved into shadow.

When I reappeared in the arena I saw someone who I haven't seen in a long time: Percy Jackson.

"Long time no see D' Angelo. What brings you here?"

"Can a guy not come here to get his anger out?" I said defensively. My walls never really came down when it came to Percy. Even after...you know.

"Geez. Just curious. Ya don't need to be so hostile to me."

"Look Percy, I'm not in the mood. Leave me be." I growled.

"Nico can we talk?" He said in a concerned tone.

"Get off my case Jackson. I said leave. Me. Be." I was trying my best not to attack Percy. He just wants to help. A little part of me said. I don't need help. I just want to be alone. Another argued. Percy walked behind me and put his large hand of my shoulder. I tensed at being touched.

"Nico, I just wanted to make sure you're OK. Do you want to talk about it?" I turned and faced him.

"You've always been the hero. Everyone looks up to you. You have everything you could possibly want. You'll probably never know what it's like to be pushed away and feared by people. You have the girl of your dreams and you'll probably never have to experience rejection from a girl. Or guy. My mind said. You won't understand so just let me be alone and deal with my problems." I said in a calm tone. I was surprised at how calm I was. Maybe talking to someone helps. No. You're fine on your own and you deal with anger your own way.

"If you say so. Hey I got to catch you later. Katie wanted me to water the strawberry fields." Percy said.

After Percy exited the arena I began viciously hacking away at the dummies around me. Cardboard figures shot up causing me to dodge arrows they were firing. Wow the Hephaestus cabin must have done some work since the last time I was here. I thought. I chopped off the head of one, and turned around stabbing another in the gut. These dummies might have been cloth and cardboard but I was fighting better than I have in a long time. Sweat started to trickle down my face as I heard the conch shell sound from the pavilion signaling dinner. Usually I would have been slightly excited to see the 7 and Reyna,(Though I'd never admit it.) but I had a foreboding sense as I trudged towards dinner.