Preface

Evangeline:

Sleeping silently with her blanket wrapped around her still body, Evangeline dreamed. She dreamed of a perfect world, where no one was hurt. Of course this was just a dream. She knew that the world will never be perfect, and that fantasy was only in dreams. Her small breathing was the only part of her that was moving, her chest lifting and falling at every inhale and exhale. 

Soon, she woke, and she was disappointed about what she found. She saw that it was only a dream and that the world was just as unfair and unjust as any other day. Evangeline wished she could shift positions and close her eyes and fall back into a state of oblivion. However, wishes cannot come true, not today. Evangeline lifted her torso unwillingly from the mattress and went to the bathroom to start a hot shower, to full awaken herself. 

Steaming water poured down her body, unnumbing her limbs and waking her up. She dressed carefully, making sure not to bump into any bruises on her legs. She fights with her brother a lot, so she has bruises on her legs and forearms. She threw her damp hair into a messy bun and put on her glasses, not caring about her appearance today. Evangeline decided to drive down to the town's Starbucks and get her morning coffee, and to see what has happened in the morning so far. 

With her carmel macchiato in hand, she drove to her brothers' place. Pulling in, she looked into the window, no sign of movement. Three knocks and there was still no movement in the house. 

"Maybe Ryenne is just out today." Evangeline thought aloud. "Those werewolves are always out."