Chapter I

Ryenne:

Evangeline was looking for me today.  She always is. Always making sure I'm okay. Somedays it irritates me, but since Mom and Dad dumped us when we were 16 and 14, I can't really blame her. She has never been the same since then. Always afraid someone will leave her and not look twice. I feel bad for her honestly. However, I was out this morning. The wolves were fighting and I needed to straighten them out. Damn wolves can't stop fighting to save their lives. 

As soon as I got there the wolves stopped fighting. My aura surrounded theirs, and they knew I was pisssed. They jumped to their feet and started speaking incoherently. 

"Well he--" 

"He sta--"

"I DID NO--"

"YES YOU--"

I raised my hand and slapped both of them. Then I said, "What are your names?"

"Jarede." said the one on the left.

"Kurt." said the one on the right.

"Now what are you talking about?"

"Well he.. He was talking about my sister." Jarede said.

"I was just saying that she was great in--" Kurt started. 

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT!!!! THAT'S MOLLI LEIGH YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. SHE'S MY DAMN SISTER." Jarede said.

"Guys." I said calmly. "Stop it. One of you will be killed, and I'm sure.. What's her name? Molli? Wouldn't appreciate it." 

They stopped reluctantly and I warned them that if I had to come after them again, one of them will have to fight me. At that, their eyes got really wide. Being the leader of the pack rocks. 

I got back to my place around 10 AM. And the run there and back was exhausting. So I took a short nap, and woke around 3 PM. I decided to give Evangeline a call. 

Brrrng. Brrrng. Brrrng. Threatened to go to voicemail, and then she picked up. 

"Hello? Ryenne?" She said quickly.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Where were you this morning?" She was definitely worried.

"Two wolves got into it this morning, and of course the Elders sent me to go fix it." 

"Oooh. Well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay..." 

"I'm fine, sis." I told her.

"Okay.. I'll talk to you later okay, Ryenne?"

"Alright." And I hung up. She must've had something to do today. 

I went to the living room and sat down. The afternoon sun sent a glare over everything in the room. It made my eyes hurt, wolves are nocturnal. Not used to sunlight. I went into my bedroom and laid down in the darkness. My eyes soon grew heavy...