Chapter III

Ryenne: 

Nothing made sense in this world. Everything was backward, and everything was wrong. Everything was nonsense. The ground was turned to the left, leaving me hopping on what I could find: trees, rocks, mountains. The sky was beside me, and I could hold the clouds in my arms. I turned to the right, and fell through the sky, and it was the stars that kept me from falling through into the black abyss beyond me. I shifted to the left twice, and I was finally on the ground. I kept going forward, because who knows what would happen if I turned back. I wasn't about to test that theory. Walking forward I watched this morbid world unfold. Literally. It was like someone had unrolled a map, and they are watching me cover the space they have given me, and they keep unrolling the map. This thought scared me a bit though. Maps end. So does this world? I pushed that thought away, and went through the river. Wading through the water, I looked ahead. I saw two figures in front of me; one definitely feminine and the other masculine. Getting closer, I saw the features of them. The femine one was shorter, with wavy auburn hair -- much like my sisters' -- and she had a soft jawline, full lips, and -- even closer now -- dark blue eyes. She looked like my sister, only with age. I turned to the male. A hard jawline, straight black hair, lips pressed into a line, and his eyes were yellow -- like mine. It occured to me that these people were my Mother and Father. They were standing close to each other, but not touching, they were focused on me. My mother showed no affection for me, and neither did my father. I did a once-over for both of them. I saw daggers. ...My parents weren't here to see me. They were here to kill me. I realized this and jumped straight up, into the sky. The weight change shifted the world upside down, and I kept falling... Falling.... Falling.........