Chapter IV

Evangeline: 

Reaching the door leading into the living room, I tried to calm down. I never think about mom, or even dad. I don't know how Ryenne takes it. Because dad didn't desert me, he deserted Ryenne. My mother deserted me. I've hated her since...

It was hot, and the sand beneath me burned my arms. Squinting my eyes, I found myself in the middle of a desert. There was no wind, however, the white sand reflected in the sunlight. I decided it would be best to start walking, and I knew I'd wake up soon. Walking in Converse, black shorts, and a black t-shirt, I was hot. The sun burned on my back, almost as if it was getting closer to the earth. 

I was walking what felt like Northwest, and then the ground beneath me rumbled. Seconds later it stopped. I froze in place. A minute later, it started again. Then it made a loud CRACK! -- The ground tilted, and I stayed mostly upright.

The sun started to set. I kept walking, and I saw two silhouettes in the distance. I sauntered carefully toward them. Getting closer, their forms started to come about. The one on the left which was definitely feminine, was short with wavy auburn hair -- much like mine -- and a soft jawline, full lips with -- to my surprise -- dark blue eyes. My eyes. The one on the right who was masculine, had a hard jawline, lips pressed into a line, and he had straight black hair -- shockingly similar to Ryenne's -- and yellow eyes. Ryenne's eyes. These people were our parents. 

Suddenly I didn't want to be in this dream. I looked around wildly, looking for a way out. The ground tilted again, and again... A second later, the ground was almost vertical. I jumped off the ground and into the black abyss. Falling... Falling.....