Chapter Ten.

I was sitting on a swing seat after school, enjoying my freedom. Freedom was something I hadn't known for a very long time. So long in fact, I didn't even remember what it was like. It was peaceful. Until Klaudia approached me, that is. There was no way she could force me to go back home so I wasn't too worried.

"Where have you been?!" Klaudia asked me, not sounding the least bit worried. In fact, she sounded angry.

"Why? It's not like anyone's been worried about me anyway," I said, not making eye contact with her. Klaudia walked up to me and slapped me in the face. Why did everyone feel the need to hit me?! I had enough. I stood up, curled my hand into a fist and I punched my sister right in the nose. Nobody will ever get away with slapping me, ever again. I turned away from her and started walking back to Caelan's before the situation got any worse. 

"Well, at least I don't sleep around like you do! " Klaudia yelled after me. I turned around immediately, shocked at what she said.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. First Alice's boyfriend, then your teacher, Mr.Clarke, then your best friend, Mia. You're really getting around, aren't ya?" she said with smug look on her face.

"Get your facts straight before you start making accusations, because none of what you said was true!" I said raising my voice. Klaudia just smiled evilly at me, like she had another plan up her sleeve. I was worried about what it was. I turned back around and continued to Caelan's house. Where I was welcomed, unlike my actual home. As I was walking, my phone beeped. I took it out, and saw a text from Mia. 

"Meet at the lake. We need to talk." 

If this was Klaudia's evil plan, I was prepared and was watching my back. I changed paths and headed for the lake, not bothering looking back to see if Klaudia was still hanging around. I reached the lake and saw Mia sitting on the rock. 

"Hey," I said calmly. She turned around and I smiled at her. I took a seat beside her as she just sat there silently staring at her hands. 

"What did you need?" I asked her. She looked at me and her face kept inching closer and closer towards mine. I felt her warm, soft lips touch mine and I gently placed my hand on her cheek. I felt her put her hands around my waist and pull me closer. Her tongue slipped into my mouth when it hit me - I was making out with my best friend. I pushed her away and she seemed upset. 

"Mia... Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked her.

"Tell you that I was deeply in love with you? I didn't want it to ruin our friendship if you didn't feel the same way. I guess I just decided I was ready to tell you today," she answered.

"I do have feelings for you. I just need to get all my feelings sorted out first, okay? I promise I'll let you know when I'm ready."

"Alright... Thanks."

"For what?"

"For not totally hating me and rejecting me."

"I would never hate you!" I said, surprised. I kissed her once more and smiled at her then got up and left. I never thought the day would come when I had to choose between two people I loved. I just hoped nobody at school found out. My life would then officially be over.