Chapter Twenty.

I saw Caelan. I guess it explained why I didn't see him at school, but I saw him here with another woman. I figured that normally, this is what would happen because of the age difference. But I never expected it to happen to us. I thought we were different. My heart shattered into a million pieces right there on the sidewalk I was standing on. I took off once again. I felt like I was stuck in a loop, doing the same things over and over again. So I decided to break my habit. I didn't care about any consequences right now, I just needed to leave. I texted Alice asking her if I could borrow her car, instead she replied telling me to meet her at her house. I did the only thing that came to mind, which was to listen to what Alice had told me to do and I walked to her house. She was standing in the driveway waiting for me.

"Reese, there you are! What's up?" Alice said.

"I need to get away from this town. Can I borrow your car?"

"How about we go together. I can't stand being in this grey town one second longer either."

I nodded in agreement, opened the car door, and jumped in the passengers seat. Alice got in on her side and started the car after we both slammed our doors shut.

"Don't forget your seat belt. I don't want you to die when you're the only person I have left," Alice said. We put on our seat belts and drove out of the parking lot. 

"Let's roll, partner," Alice said. We sped down the road, headed to nowhere.