Chapter Two.

When I woke up, I was in a strange place. I tried to sit up but the pain was excruciating.

"Reese, lay back down. You need to rest," the mystery voice said.

"What happened to me?" I asked. I was having trouble speaking. I didn't understand why I was in so much pain. I don't remember a lot... I do remember skipping school and losing Mia, my only friend. "Three guys from school were beating you up. I told them to get lost and I brought you back to my place. I didn't want to bring you home because I know what has been happening with your family.. And I knew if I brought you to the hospital your family would have been alerted." I tried to open my eyes fully to see who was talking to me. I managed opened my eyes a little bit and... Was that Mr.Clarke? I tried to get up again and I felt a strong pair of hands gently keep me down on the bed trying not to hurt me any further. "Rest. You need it." "Wait.... Who are you?" "Mr.Clarke. Since we aren't at school, you can call me Caelan," he said, hesitating at first.

"Well, thanks Mr.Cl- Caelan. I really appreciate your help." "No problem. Now get some sleep. You can just call me if you need anything." "Hold on, won't I get in trouble for skipping school?" "Don't worry about it. Sleep..." I heard footsteps walk out of the room. I could not believe it. Why was the teacher who I thought hated me, taking care of me like this?