Chapter Fourteen.

It was so quiet as we were driving down the highway that all I could hear was the sound of the motors from the vehicle. Caelan finally decided to speak up.

"You're unusually quiet. What's wrong?" Caelan asked.

"Nothing. Are you sure we're doing the right thing?" I asked.

"I believe it was our only choice if we wanted to be together."

I stopped talking and just looked out the window watching all the scenery pass by me. I stared out the window for the longest time thinking about everything that had happened to me recently. It was unbelievable. We stopped in the parking lot of a hotel.

"This is only temporary, don't worry," he said. I looked over at him, worried that we would get caught. He leaned over and kissed me.

"I said don't worry. Trust me."

I grabbed my bags and he lead me into the hotel with his bags as well. We got out room keys and traveled up to the second floor. Caelan slipped the card into the slot to unlock the door and we walked into our room. I placed my bags beside one bed and Caelan did the same on the other side of the room. I guessed we were just gonna chill here, so I grabbed my iPod and put the headphones over my ears. I had those big, funky headphones. I loved them. I didn't like ear-buds very much, I found them extremely uncomfortable. I played a song I remember my dad played for me on his guitar once when I was younger. How I wish he was here to play it again. I felt my eyelids getting heavier, until eventually I couldn't keep them open anymore.

-------------------------------

I was rudely awakened to see Caelan gone and the police there.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Do you know someone named Caelan Clarke?" a policeman came up and asked me. I didn't know whether I should lie to them or not.

"Yes, he's my teacher at school! Why are you asking me about him?" I explained, deciding not to lie, but also not telling the entire truth.

"Because you both were reported missing at the same time and we guessed he was with you. Sorry for the trouble, Miss Jones. Have a.. nice day.." the policeman said very strangely. The way he said that was weird. Mysterious, you could even say. I just figured it was nothing and forgot about it. I ran over to the window to see if Caelan's car was there. It was gone. He had left me here all by myself when I needed him the most. I kept the tears from coming and went to go get changed when I realized a piece of paper that was stuck into my pants pocket. I felt stupid not realizing it was there before. I pulled it out and unfolded it. It said: 

'Reese Jones,

I never loved you. I'm sorry for making you believe I did. I will not come back for you. I hate you and I never want to see you again.

Caelan Clarke'

My heart hurt when reading the note thinking that there was no way this could be true. I couldn't keep the tears back any longer and just let them flow out. I was left feeling stupid and heartbroken.