Chapter Nineteen.

I walked outside, prepared to go to school. I put my headphones on and played my iPod as I walked to school. When I finally reached my destination, I was ready to face whatever was waiting for me. I walked through the double doors and kept my head down. I walked to my locker, keeping my head down so nobody would decide to pick a fight with me. I opened my locker and pulled out my books for my first class. I saw Alice walking towards me and I hoped she hadn't suddenly changed her mind and gone all bitchy on me again. She smiled at me like she was able to read my mind or something, which gave me a feeling of relief.

"Hey, Reese," Alice said.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm just watching out for your sister, Klaudia. She's out to get me."

"What did you do to her?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Alice, don't lie. What did you do?"

"Can we just go? I don't want her to see me."

"Fine, whatever. Let's go."

Alice and I headed down to our class, except we didn't go in. We looked around for any signs of Klaudia, but saw nobody else in the hall. 

"Tell me now, what did you do? Why are you so scared to face Klaudia?"

"Why are YOU scared to face her?"

"I'm not," I said.

"You don't need to put on an act for me, Reese. After what happened out there, I never want to see her again. I doubt you do either."

The bell echoed through the halls to tell us it was time for class.

"I'll see you later, Reese. Be safe."

"Yeah, you too."

She hugged me and walked away. It was hard to believe that we used to be enemies. I walked into my class and sat down. I put my hood up on my hoodie and I let my hair fall in my face to hide it. I liked being anonymous. Everyone else filled the classroom and the teacher walked in. I zoned out and didn't pay attention to the lesson, as I always do. I didn't care if I failed, to be quite honest. I was simply focusing on getting out of there. It seemed like a lifetime had passed when the bell rang out in all the classes and hallways. I dashed out of class and ditched school. My mother would be called, but really, what could she do? I don't even live in the same house with her anymore. I wanted to go for a walk, so that's what I did. I had no clue why, I just felt like I absolutely NEEDED to go for this walk. I soon found out why. It caused my day to be the worst day of my entire life.