Chapter Twenty-three.

I woke up in the hospital, wondering how this shit always happened to me. Why couldn't they just let me die? I noticed Caelan sitting beside me with a gloomy look on his face.

"Fuck, why can't you just leave me alone?!" I asked, feeling frustrated.

"I felt responsible for what happened to you... so I came," Caelan answered.

"You are responsible," I sneered.

"I'm sorry."

"That's a load of bullshit. Leave me alone."

"No, I don't want you to go off and try to kill yourself again."

"Since when did you care about me or what I do?!"

It was quiet while Caelan just sat there looking at me. 

"I don't want to be responsible for another life taken. Please, just let me watch out for you."

"Hold on a second, did you say another life?"

"Yes... the other woman I was with, Thalia, she felt guilty.. so she committed suicide. She left a note, saying it would be better if she were out of my way... out of our way, actually.."

"I'm so sorry... I didn't know."

I watched as Caelan held back tears and I too felt guilty. Guilty for yelling at him, for being mad at him. 

"Come here.. "

I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt him sobbing into my shoulder. We stayed there hugging for about five minutes until we pulled apart and he wiped the falling tears off his face. 

"Thank you, Reese."

"Of course. I'm sorry, for ruining your relationship, by the way."

"Don't blame yourself."

Even after everything this guy has done to me, what he's said to me, I think I was still in love with him. 

"I won't ever leave you, I promise you that much."

He smiled at me and leaned in towards me to kiss me on the cheek. Ever since then, I've felt all warm and happy. I'm glad that we were together again because without him, I can't survive.