Jhené: A New Beginning

"Hey there pretty lady. Uh.. Jhené right?"

I smiled. "Yeah. That's my name."

"Any last name Miss Jhenè?"

"Aiko."

"Jhené Aiko. Nice. Pretty name for a pretty lady."

I smiled again. I hope this guy wasn't flirting with me. Then again at least someone was.

"Right this way."

I followed him to a room with big cameras and lights and big white background paper. Today I was having a photoshoot for being a brand new break out artist. I'm proud of myself. But I did all I did in memory of my brother. He passed. So this is all for him.

"Stand here please, Miss Jhené."

I stood where he told me and the cameras started flashing.

"Beautiful."
"Gorgeous."
"Love it."

These were the things I heard while I posed for him. A couple shots later we were done for the day.

He called me over as he looked at the screen. I stood beside me and looked at the the pictures of me.

"Wow. You are quite stunning Miss Aiko."

"Please. Just call me Jhené.

"Okay, Jhené."

"Okay, --. I'm sorry I don't think I got your name."

"Jonny Richards. You should come meet the photographer though. I'm only the guy who's gonna make your dreams come true."

I laughed at that. "Okay, Mr. Richards."

We walked over to my photographer. He shook my hand immediately.

"Michael Costanza. Call me Mike. No need for the introduction. I already know who you are. I'm just the guy who takes the pictures."

He said it so timidly. It was adorable.

"Well you make me look good so thanks ha ha."

"Nah. You do a pretty good job of that on your own."

I blushed.

We stood there for a moment.

"Okay, well if you need me again I'll be in my dressing room."

"Feel free to take the rest of the day off. We won't need you until tomorrow for the interview. We have enough pictures for the lay out. Yeah, so you're good to go." He smiled at me.

I smiled back. "Okay, thank you."

I walked away and I could feel him watching me as I did, so I turned around. He looked down quickly and I smiled. It was cute. He was probably in his mid forties but he was adorable. I had to admit.

I got to my dressing room and it was stunning. There was nothing to do now but eat from the trays of food they left and think about what the remainder of the day brings.