Bumpy Relationships

Lapis' POV
Peridot and I got on the same bus so we could get Peridot's stuff from her room. Peridot seemed really sad and I tried to cheer her up, but nothing was working. We got off the bus and I stare at Peri's house. I should probably call it a mansion. How come Peri never told me she lived in a mansion? I steal a glance at Peri who looks at the house with empty eyes. I'll get her mom back somehow, I mean who would disown their child? It's sick! I feel my fists clench into a ball and my fingernails dig into my palms, Peri touches my hand for comfort and I start to feel more relaxed. I can do this. We just have to get in and out of the house with all of Peri's belongings with out her mom noticing. Easy enough.
"Come on, my window's on the left side of the house and I usually leave it unlocked," she tells me as she grabs my hand and jogs to the left side of the mansion. Of course, her room is on the third story, but that won't be much of a problem with my wings. I spread my wings and pick up Peridot bridal-style.
"Could you tell me the next time your going to do that!" she polishes her glasses on her shirt and shoves me a little bit once we're safely inside, and I giggle. I look around her room, and it absolutely screams PERIDOT. There are Doritos littering the floor, empty bottles of Mountain Dew everywhere, her clothes are sprawled across the floor, and the sheets are tangled together at the foot of her bed. Her face flushes and she scratches the back of her neck: a nervous habit.
"Um, my room might be a little messy..." she trails off, fiddling with her thumbs and looking at her shoes.
"I think it looks just fine. But right now we need to grab all your stuff and get out of here," I say with a tone of urgency. Suddenly I feel arms around my waist, and I notice that she's hugging me. I hug her back tightly, and I hear her mumble something into my shirt that I couldn't hear.
"What was that?" I question, my eyebrow raised.
"Nothing," she says instantly, pushing her glasses up. I smirk at her red face.
"We'd better get started," I say with a look around the room.

Peridot's POV
I fiddle with the end of my hoodie; she almost heard me say that she smelled nice. That would have been embarrassing.
"Yeah," I tell her as I walk to my closet and pull down a big duffle bag.
"We'll just put everything in here," I grab my clothes and stuck them in the duffle bag, surprisingly they fit.
"So are you sure that your mom will let me move in with you?" I ask, I'm pretty worried about what her mom will think about me, she doesn't even know that we're dating.
"Totally. She's pretty cool about these kinds of things," Lapis replies, and I let out a breath of relief that I didn't realize I was holding. I grab my XBOX-360 and a few of my best games and stuff them in the duffle bag. I hear Lapis chuckle, and I turn around to look at her.
"What'd I do?"
"Oh nothing," Lapis says with another chuckle, she grabs a few things off my nightstand and sticks them in my bag. She walks over to my bed, and undoes the sheets
"What's this?" Lapis asks, holding up Mr. Stuffington.
"Oh, it's uh, nothing. You can just leave it here." I tell her, and I know that's not going to turn out well, Mr. Stuffington is my best friend. She puts it into the duffle bag and smiles.
"I think I know when my girlfriend is lying. It's okay though, I know tons of people who still have stuffed animals. Well, not really. But if it's important to you, it's important to me." I feel my heart beat quicken, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. While she's getting a few more things off my nightstand she knocks over my lamp. Shit. I just had to date the clumsy one, didn't I?  Her eyes widen with fear as we hear someone running up the steps, and I can swear that I heard a thump or  two while they were running up. The door slams open, my mother standing in the doorway. Fuck. She wobbled into the room, obviously drunk.
"Hey you l-little brat! What *hiccup* are you doing back in my *hiccup* house? I t-thought I told you to never *hiccup* come back!" my mom says, her voice under the influence of alcohol. She looks over at Lapis, and lumbers over to her, trying to punch her.
"M- I mean, stop it!" I tell at her, and she blinks at me.
"I-I thought for sure that you would turn out normal when you were dating that *hiccup* Rubellite. He was such a nice boy," she says, looking out the window. I cringe at his name, and I feel Lapis' eyes on me.
"At least that other nice boy Jasper told me about your relationship with this" she motions to Lapis "scum. Why aren't you dating Jasper?" That's it. She crossed the line. I stomp over to her, and glare at her face which is mere centimeters from mine.
"Don't call my girlfriend scum," I hiss at her. "You never knew me. You never bothered to ask how Rubellite was. You never bothered to do anything for me. Lapis is one of the first good things that happened to me, and she is not scum. If anything at all, you're scum." I yell at her face, I could feel my hands clenching.
"Rubellite was so much better than her. In fact, I called him to come over. Rubellite! Come upstairs! Someone's here to see you!" She yells, and I stop in my tracks. I tremble, running my hands through my hair. This can't be happening. Not again, please not again. I hear footsteps again, and I see him. His hair is in a quiff and it's died red. He has a red hoodie on and his jeans are ripped. I can't stand to look at him any longer, so I turn away and look around the room for Lapis.
"It's okay Miss Greene, I want to talk with Peridot alone if that's okay." I can practically hear his fake grin, and I hear my mom- I mean, her walk out of the room. Once he knows that she's out of ear-shot, he picks me up off of the ground. I can smell his putrid breath, and I struggle in his grip.
"Well if it isn't my old ex, dorkus." He spits in my face and drops me. I struggle to get up.
"You dump me for that piece of shit! What the hell?" He yells, kicking me. I groan and clutch my stomach. I think I hear Lapis grabbing something, and I close my eyes. Is she leaving? Rubellite picks me up again, and I can already feel the bruises that I'm going to have tomorrow.
"I'll let you know what you've been missing since we broke up." He grabs my face and forcibly kisses me, biting down on my lips hard enough to draw blood. But then it stops. I look up through blurry vision and see Lapis.
"STAY AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND YOU BASTARD!" I hear her yell, and I'm being lifted off of the ground again, but this time I feel safe.
"Thank you." I croak, every word hurting. I think that we're flying, and I feel my vision start to go black.