Chapter 2: The Hostage

Taiwan's POV

"VIETNAM!!! VIETNAM NO!!!" I yelled and tried to wriggle out of the Japanese man's grip. But it was useless. I looked at Japan with a hard cold glare. Tears welled up in my eyes and I cried as they fell down onto the battlefield.

"Japan... What have you done...?" I asked him. I couldn't fall to my knees since I couldn't even escape the Japanese man. I looked at Japan. Who's cuffs were red and his katana blade had blood. I cried as I looked at him. "Why...?" I asked him as I choked on my sobs as I stayed silent.

Japan walked up to me with a smile on his face. More like an evil grin as he lifted up my chin as he spoke. "Taiwan-Chan. How stubborn you are," Japan said. My eyes widened as I started to sob harder. "W-Where's South Korea?! And Hong Kong?!" I yelled. Japan just shook his head.

"The rady (lady) comes with us," Japan said as he put away his katana. His clothes slowly becoming black from the ash and soot on his last bombing as well as the dried blood from his victims. His eyes almost looking blood red with evil.

"Where's Japan?!" I yelled as I sobbed. Japan turned back at me as he pulled out his katana and put the blade to my throat. I gulped. "Do not speak Taiwan-Chan. Got it?" Japan asked. My eyes widened as I stood silent.

The Japanese man started pushing me as he put me in Japanese-style handcuffs as I walked like a prisoner following Japan.

"WHY WON'T YOU EVER LISTEN TO ME, JAPAN?!" I yelled at him. He shot a glare at me as he whispered the cold words in my ears.

"I want to kill you..."

He swung out his katana and my eyes widened at the sight.

His clothes are fully black, nothing now... He's gone insane....

My eyes widened as I yelped and closed my eyes, not wanting to see my gruesome death at all.

The problem was I felt no pain.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was still on the battlefield. I wasn't in Heaven or Hell. I looked around to see a Japanese man with a white military uniform and black hair with brown eyes. "J-Japan?!" I exclaimed and saw how the Japan trying to kill me was in black.

I looked at the original Japan. The one in white. He had no facial expression as usual but soon disappeared into thin air like dust particles. My eyes widened as I fell to my knees. "What did you do to Japan?!" I exclaimed with a cry. The one in black smiled and put a gag in my mouth.

The dryness made me suffer as a muffled cough couldn't escape my mouth. The black corners in my eyes started to grow as I fell unconscious.

Taiwan-Chan, can you hear me?

I heard a voice call in my head. I forced myself to stay conscious. "J-Japan?" I said in a muffled voice. I was in some sort of large sack. I couldn't see Japan and it's not like the one attacking me was talking to me. "Yes I can hear you," I said.

Good, you have to stay arive. You have to prevent me from being insane. I chose you.

"Insane? You mean the Japan that's trying to kill me?" I asked.

Hai (yes)

"Why would you choose me?!" I asked in a small voice. Japan sighed.

It's because I rove you, Taiwan-Chan

Those were his last words before everything turned black. I have to prevent Japan from turning insane. China's already dead what more is going to come?

Germany's POV

Italy was happily humming as he twirling his pasta on his plate. I sighed as I picked up a wurst with my fork. "Vhere is Japan? He's already late for ze Axis meeting," I said and took a bite. Italy laughed. "Ve~ Germany! We should-a play football while-a waiting!" Italy exclaimed and put a forkful of pasta in his mouth. I sighed and shook my head.

"It's not like Japan to be late," I said. Italy frowned and put down his fork. "I think your-a right, Germany," Italy said sadly. Maybe there was some sort of family meeting with the East Asians that he had to attend. Or declare a country's independence. Japan is a busy man. But he never misses an Axis Powers meeting.

"I'm sorry I'm rate," I heard a familiar voice say as the door opened. I saw Japan in a new military uniform the color of black. His eye color red. Probably contacts. "Ah. Japan. Your back," I said. Also I couldn't help but notice a giant potato sack he carried. "What's in the-a bag Japan?" Italy asked.

"Nothing," Japan said calmly and laid the thing on the couch and sat next to Italy on the table. "We bought you some rice balls," Italy said and gave him a plate. Japan smiled and nodded. He ate his rice balls quietly. Like what usually Japan would do.

"I decided that we would have training sessions in the morning, daily runs before lunch and in the evening we have night watch for the allies. We switch every two hours," I explained. Italy sighed, frowning. "Why don't we just kirr the arries so we don't have anything to watch? So we and sreep peacefurry?" Japan asked. My eyes widened.

"Aaaaah! Germany Germany! Japan is-a scary!" Italy exclaimed and scrambled to his feet, trembling in fear as he hid behind my chair. I was shocked with what Japan said. But it's not like we can kill them off. "You know Japan, ve can't just kill them and-," I was cut off as Japan pointed his katana at my throat.

"Vhat is ze meaning of zhis, Japan?" I asked him. "We can kirr the arries now there is just four. China-Kun is dead. I killed him," Japan said. My eyes widened. "Aaaaaah! I'm running away I'm running away!" Italy said and opened the door run in away.

"Vait! Italy!" I exclaimed wanting to run after him. But Japan had put me in a chokehold and the katana was placed at my chest. I quickly loosened the grip on my neck and pushed him away before he could attack. "You and I are allies. Part of ze Axis. Vhy are you attacking me?!" I exclaimed. Japan had a calm and cool expression as he pointed the katana at my throat.

"I'm just going to improve you," Japan said in a deep tone as his black glove blinded me instead of killing me instead of his katana.

Germany-San, can you hear me?

I heard Japan's voice. I clenched my fists but for some reason I couldn't move. "Japan?! Vhy are you attacking me?!" I exclaimed.

It's not me who is attacking you, it's my insanity

"Vhat? Zhat makes no sense!" I exclaimed.

Hai I know, and what my insanity is doing to yours is using your body to suffer from full insanity.

"Zhat's impossible!" I exclaimed.

No it's not

"How are you speaking through my mind?!" I exclaimed.

This is the only thing that Insanity grants you. One chance. You may talk to your teammates that are not insane and one other person. The person that must save you and must be arive.

"I don't need anyone saving me!" I exclaimed.

Your pararyzed, Germany-San. And you have no contror over your body

"Yes I know," I muttered.

You cannot ask your teammates for help. But you can rely on the one person that you will trust with your life. I must go now. My time for communication is up.

"Vait! Japan!" I exclaimed. But there was silence. I tried my best to do that communication through the head. Maybe it took a while but right now I don't have time to talk to Italy. I need someone I rely on... Huh... Who?

I can't believe I would come to this to rely on such an asshole...