Chapter 1(edited)

Some people look at life as a great adventure, and that you should live each day with no regrets. For me, that is too far from possible, and the only way I will be able to ever have a life worth while, is to find a new one. A life where all I've ever known, and all I've ever been raised to believe is different from reality.

Well this is reality, my reality. "Get up now! Before I have to drag you out myself," My mother warned me angrily. My mother is not as cruel as my father, in fact she is kind to me on certain days, but today was obviously not one of those days. I got dressed and headed down stairs for breakfast, or whatever my mother decided to give me. When I got downstairs my older sister, Caitlin, was already at the table eating the beautifully arranged meal my mother had prepared for her. '

I never understood why my parents always tolerated Caitlin and even sometimes cared about her, but not once have they done the same for me. Even Caitlin gets me in trouble and pushes me around.

"Hey dweeb, I see you're still alive today," Caitlin sneered as I sat down at the table. My mother smiled slightly as she walked into the kitchen. I shook off Caitlin's snide comment as I sat down at the dusty table.

"I want you to have a good breakfast on the first day of tenth grade," my mother said to Caitlin.

"What can I have to eat?" I asked my mother shyly staring at my feet.

"You can just get some cereal out of the pantry," My mother replied quietly as my father appeared in the kitchen.

Out of all the love I wished to have in my family, but I do not have, my father's love is what I desire the most. He was never truly angry when talking to Caitlin, but even being near me made him agitated.

"Morning" My father said to know one unparticular, but I knew he didn't mean me. My father then turned around and glared at me, "Stay away from me this morning Claire, or should I even call you that, you brat. I have an important business meeting later today, so I can't have you getting in my way!" My father snarled at me. He got his work bag, and then slammed the door on his way out of the house.

"Are we getting a ride to school this morning?" Caitlin questioned my mother.

"Umm no, I have a lot of work around the house today, and I have to go shopping today, because your father ran out of beer last night. If he finds out, he will be extremely mad and we all know we don't want that," she told us as we finished eating.

"Then how will I get to school?" Caitlin complains as she slung her bag over her shoulder sliding her iphone inside.

"First of all Caitlin, your old enough to drive to school by yourself, I mean you have your license after all," my mother informed Caitlin, as if it she didn't know this already I think to myself.

"Okay, but how is this little miss annoying dweeb going to get to school today?" Caitlin asked mockingly, not even really caring how I get to school.

"Hmm, well maybe she can get a ride with one of her little friends," My mother said doubtfully under her breath.

The truth was, I have only ever had two true friends in my life. My first friend, Sarah, and I met back in elementary school. Her family was poor and she had two younger brothers that always came before her. Naturally Sarah and I got along, but as the years passed we developed a friendship that not even the world could break.

My other friend, Brianna, was almost the exact opposite of Sarah. Her parents were rather wealthy, and often ignored her, paying more attention to work and her Brianna's older sister. Brianna was very book smart, and was considered a 'nerd' at school, so she fit right in with Sarah and me.