Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

It was probably the first time in weeks Avi Prier had a calm serine and dreamless sleep. She almost felt giddy, but then she tried to open her crusted eye lids, unsuccessfully. Panic flooded through her nerves her heart went pumping, butterflies fluttering through her stomach, and dreadful memories slapping back into her memory. As the exact dark memory of how she got into the dreamless sleep eloped her, she felt even more painfully panicked. She struggled for what felt like hours, but were really just painfully long minutes, to bring her eyes open. As soon as Avi managed, to her eyes great unhappiness, to pull them open everything was basked in white and black. Two figures leaned over her contrasted in black and white, both lean and toned, and one taller and chestier. Two- a boy and girl. One- the boy had a look of clear worry (so not a bloody murderer?) the other, the girl, had long silky dark hair brushing her face, also she had a sort of a poker face portrayed. Than Avi really registered her face and was seized by a spasm of fear, it was the girl, the same face that caked her nightmares. She tried to scream, but her throat didn't appreciate her. Although, her sight was focusing, like switching from s.d to h.d on t.v. Color was also dawning onto her, a gift Avi realized she took for granted. Alas her ears started to work as well, so everything WAS intact. Proving just that when Avi heard "IT'S alive, Jasper what do we do? .Awh, so that was the boy's name Avi thought. "No way I said after- Avi made a strangled noise from her rough throat. She had questions to be answered after all, but before she could say anything the boy-Jasper- wiped off his scowl at the girl and asked "Can you speak?" The girl turned to glare at the b-Jasper. "Fetch the water", the girl said to Jasper. He replied with "what's the magic word?" Boy, Avi disliked when people did that. The girl than replied in a word that hopefully wasn't the magic word. Avi's fear of her evapored and she now felt she could enjoy her company. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. A few seconds later Jasper came back with a clear drink sloshing in a glass, and before Avi knew what was happening the "water" was slipping through her throat. As the cool liquid slid down Avi finally realized water did not taste sour.

"If you ask me- well I didn't"

"HOWww could you not inform me right away THERE'S NO EXCUSE! Well its yyour obligation!"

Words, combined as Avi seemed to be arising out of sleep. But, what had happened, it felt like she had been swirling, transporting out of another world.

"THIS will not happen again Miss Rosery not under my watch or if you favor your career."

"Yes, good day and don't forget to inform other parents of their injured children!"

Avi slowly and cautiously opened her eyes. She was in her comfortable red comforter bed spread and beige, cabin feel like, room, covered in books and drawings. "Ma?" She called, in a raspy voice, to her mother standing near the middle of her bright room on a light purple furry rug "talking" to a phone. "Avi!" Avi could see her mom was hysterical her eyes were red and a bit poufy, the effect of bawling, and her voice, which Avi assumed was the one talking earlier, had been shacking. Avi barely ever saw her mother out of her logical but still hilariously sarcastic demeanor, and was a bit unnerved. "Ma, mum, I'm fine." Oh, Avi I just- just come here." Lungs let out a huge sigh. Avi slipped out of her bed against her protesting body's will. Her mom's long shacking arms rapped around her awkward kind of skinny teenage body, and Avi felt rather than anything else her mother's heart beat slow down and her lungs let out a huge sigh. "It's alright mum, I'm fine, I'm fine" Avi repeated this while gently patting her mom's back until the sobs stopped. Avi, wasn't sure who she had been trying to convince more.