Chapter 2

Table,sitting, and homework. Avi sat confused and still trying to digest her day's events and her dinner. Bread. Bread? With cucumber and cheese it was very american, WHICH Avi was not. In fact, Avi was an adopted Pakistan and her and her mother were usually as brown as  could be. Avi was taught Pakistani, and went to temple even though she was born and adopted in America. Avi even knew that she would teach her own children to be bilingual. But, the days events probably left her mom to exhausted to make any rice and curies. "Avi, you alright, kid?" "Mhmm", Avi quickly finished her pre-algebra and slipped her binder into her white paint splattered backpack and thought of how glad she was for easy middle school workload and courses. She then turned her bushy head to her mom and said "Hey, ma so.. how have you been?" Avi said awkwardly as her mom who had been leaning across the counter top staring into space. "Oh, just worrying about you." Avi raised an eyebrow (unsuccessfully). "Maa.." "Well you have been getting into a lot of trouble kid." Avi gave a weird chuckle and then took a big bite out oh her sandwich. (Muffly) "fwhh sorryph 'bouph thath." "AVI!" Avi's mom shrieked playfully, laughing at her eating and talking face. And, naturally of coarse, then Avi started laughing, but she still had food in her mouth and the unchewed bits sprayed unattractively across her plate. That, set another fit of laughter for the Piers. The night ended for Avi just like that, her and her mother laughing.