Chapter 10

It's too hard to let go and too easy to cry. It starts raining but we both don't mind getting a little wet. The ground beneath us is pretty damp. Lana breaks our silent hug with a sniffle and says, "Maybe we should go inside."

The rain is cool and the wind is harsh. I am chilled to the bone and manage to pull away. "I like the rain. I like you in the rain." Lana flashes a small smile and my heart sinks. I am in real danger of crying. "I want to spend a lifetime with you," I breathe out. The rain beats harder on our skin. I feel as if I am in a Hollywood movie and this is my last chance to tell Lana I love her. "When you hold me, it's like I can feel the Gods singing. I don't want it to stop, I don't want you to stop." I am crying now, but I can't see if Lana is because the rain is wildly pouring down on us. "When you touch me, it's like you leave a trail of fire. It burns me like a sensation I'd desire for years. I don't want that burning to stop, it reminds me of our time together. That's all I can hold onto," my voice has a raspy edge and cracks when I let out tears.

Lana takes my hand and holds it to your chest. "Spend a lifetime with me. Stay with me. If you love me then show me. Put on a goddamn show because I can't loose the one and the only thing that's important in my life. Marina, you are what's keeping me alive. Your love, your laugh, your words keep me alive. Everything about you makes me want more, but there will never be enough. You won't have a duplicate. You are only you and that's not good enough for me. I want more of you." She is defiantly crying along with me. "I'm not satisfied with only one Marina."

"I can't, I can't sweetie. I want to but I have a home back in the UK," I explain.

"Stay in my home. I-I'll give you everything. Anything you need. Please, don't leave me you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I will do anything... even the collaboration, just don't leave me," Lana begs. I'm quite surprised she didn't finish by getting down on her knees. The rain is hardly noticeable because all my attention is on Lana.

Lana, the girl who just proven to me that she loves me and what am I doing? Standing there, stunned. Say something, Marina, say something. "The collaboration doesn't matter, honey. All that matters is I love you. I really want to stay, but-"

"Oh my God, please don't say "but" because I just poured my feelings out to you and there are second thoughts? Please stay Marina, your my fucking life I can't loose you. I know I've known you for only a little while, but once your in love then your in love. It's like your trapped walking through this never ending tunnel. It's time consuming and their always on your mind. It's crap, it's just pure crap and the problem is that the person in love is stupid enough to think that the person they are in love with loves them back. This seems like that case," Lana says heading for her door.

I pull her wet arm to my chest and spin her around into a kiss. Very original, Marina, kissing in the rain. My arms shiver but her kisses are hot and deep. The pleasure of her tongue circling in my mouth grows into a desire. My fingers caress deep in her brown hair and her hands run up and down my lower back. She continues moving her lips the same way and I play along with her kisses step by step as they get easier by every new motion. Finally, she pulls away from my lips and opens her eyes. We have a moment of looking into each other's eyes and silently communicating.

"I love you. I'll miss you," Lana begins. "I'm going to miss you a lot, We can Skype. I'll create an account for you." I shake my head no. "So you don't want to see me again? Was I just your sex doll? Was I here just for your pleasure?"

I shake my head. "No. I'd never do that to you, baby. Your too amazing to be treated like that ever again." I take her into another hug. "I love you," I whisper. She nods her head. Lana is shivering, too.

"What is exactly our future? Are we going our separate ways?" Lana asks.

"No," I whisper. We pull out of the hug and I gently place my hand on her bruised cheek. She winces for a quick second. "I'm staying, right here with you," I say while caressing her cheek.

THE END