Chapter IV

(First person POV)

(First person POV)

***

Darkness abiding my land...

The power of the adversary's beginning to erode. Hopes were starting to vanish. Faith was masked with doubts. Strength and bravery were eaten by worries...

"My prince, what are we gonna do now?" said Rio, my water general.

"I wish I know," I answered. I closed my eyes as I speak to God, praying for His guidance -- pleading... begging for His mercy.

"Please," I uttered.

"Hey, clumsy girl!" he whispered. The voice was somewhat familiar. "Hey, wake up!" he yelled while shaking my shoulders.

"Mmmph..." Why can't I speak?

"Hey! I said wake up!"

"What's wrong with you?" I finally found my voice. My eyes, still shut.

"What's wrong with me? You're murmuring while asleep. You looked crazy. That's why I woke you up."

'You looked crazy!' 'You looked crazy!' paulit ulit sa isip ko. Buffering, buffering... Bigla akong napamulat. Pero wala akong nakita kundi ang landscape sa harap ko. Was that guy a part of my dream either? Maybe...

I was at the school garden-- the one sited at the back corner of the school lot.

I'm mesmerized by the scenery. In front of me is the sun hiding behind the verdure of the place. It's almost kissing the promising ground. The breeze, soothing my skin. The birds melodiously singing.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Bigla akong napatingin sa right ko. May tao pala talaga.

I smiled. Sabay balik ng tingin ko sa tinitignan ko kanina. "Ravishing!" I answered.

"Indeed," he said. "So, what's with your dream? You seemed worried and frightened."

"I don't know. Maybe it is just so strange that I can't help myself but be overwhelmed by the whole scenery" I sheepishly explained.

"And what's with the scenery?" he asked.

"Appalling," I answered.

"Glad to wake you up, then."

I looked at him and smiled. "Yeah, thanky."

"Nah. Pay me later," he demanded.

"What would you like?" I questioned.

His lips twitched a bit before saying, "I said later."

Ibinalik kong muli sa tanawin ang mata ko sabay yakap sa tuhod ko. I placed my chin onto my knees and murmured, "Okay".