Chapter 6

Iris POV.

I rang the bell of my aunt Gina's house. Aunt Gina lived with her grand daughter, Felicity and her mate, Alchrist.

It's been almost two years since I had visited her. When I was a rogue before meeting Asis, then Gina had given me shelter and clothing and a place to stay for three months. The Alpha of their pack had invited me in their pack.

Felicity had become a problem for me. She had just found her mate, Alchrist. And Alchrist was a very gentle man, helping me with everything. And Felicity was jealous. She thought that I liked Alchrist and was trying to take him away from her.

She insulted me alot. I went to the collage of their pack for some days. They all made fun of me and called me a mate stealer. They kept their mates away from me. They didn't talk to me. I was alone.
And then one day, I packed my bag, I told Gina that I was leaving and not to tell anyone. She gave me money, clothes and then I escaped.

I'm sure Gina can help me some more. And now since I'm already marked and mated, I really can't be called a mate stealer.

Suddenly, the door of the old wooden house opened and a little boy with brown hair peaked through.

"Hey." I said smiling brightly at the little boy. He looked a bit like Felicity but he had Alchrist' hair. He was their son.

I crouched down. "Where is your great grandma? " I asked.

He put his fingers in his mouth and looked curiously at me. He looked no more that one year and a few months old. Felicity must have gotten pregnant right after I had left.

"Gran Ma." He called in his little voice not shifting his eyes from me.

I stood up and waited for Gina but instead, I was greeted with the sight of Felicity's sweet face which instantly turned bitter as soon as she saw me.

"Chad go inside. " She told the little boy.

Their son, Chad ran away inside the house I smiled as I saw the little boy dissappear, soon I'll have a son of my own. Suddenly, I felt the familiar stinging pain in my cheek, right where Asis and the rogue had slapped me earlier.

I was pushed to the ground and I felt something sticky on my other cheek. I touched the other cheek and looked at my hand.

Spit.

I looked up with tears brimming in my eyes.

"You cheater! How dare you come back to our house after what you did to your mate? " She growled.

I shook my head and was about to defend myself but she cut me.

"You traitor! I knew I could never trust you! You cheated your own mate! An Alpha that too! You were lucky that he didn't kill you! Only banished you! Go away! Don't show your face here! Ever again! " she said and stamped my leg.

I heard a crunch noise and a hissed in pain.

"You deserve it." She spat again and went away.
I crawled towards her ignoring the pain in my ankle and I caught her leg before she could close the door.

"No. Please, Felicity, please try and understand. I was tricked! It's not my fault. I didn't cheat on Asis. I love him! Please understand! " I said begging to her.

I didn't leave her leg but she stepped inside her house and closed the door on my hand.

I cried out loud and rubbed my wrist. Tears freely fell from my broken eyes as I sobbed holding my swollen wrist.

I turned around and knocked the door.

"Felicity, please help me!" I cried hoping that she would take some pity on me.

"Please, Felicity. I'm pregnant! I can't live here without any help! Please help! At least think about my child!" I sobbed banging the door.

No reply.

I cried some more and at last when I had enough of humiliation I tried to get up.

My broken ankle protested. The pain was too much. It was bent in an odd angle and I didn't have enough strength to take the pain of twisting it back to normal.

I crawled away towards my bag and opened the zip. Luckily, I had at least seven dollars remaining with me. I knew I could work myself with seven dollars only for a week or so.

Tears dripped out from my eyes thinking about how I would survive. How would I feed my child?

I whimpered thinking about my messed up life. I looked towards the house, and up towards the window.

Gina was looking down at me with simpathy. I sadly smiled at her and looked away at the forest. I would have to make my way to another town. This time I'll go to a human settlement and find a way to earn money.

I tried to stand up but I fell to the ground again as the pain in my ankle increased.

I'll have to drag myself away from here until my ankle becomes numb and then I can twist it back. I wrapped my ankle in the scarf and started crawling away with my bag on my back.

My wrist and my knees hurt. But I have to make it to a bus stop. At least from there I can ask someone in the bus to help me.