Chapter 14

Asis POV.

"Clinton." I greeted my Beta.

"Asis." He said and shook my hands. "Did you find her?" He asked.

I signed and shook my head. "I got contact with her last night in a dream. But she didn't know where she is." I said sadly.

"So she..connected you." He said narrowing his eyes.
I nodded my head. He looked elsewhere and seemed to be deep in thought.

"She was pregnant since three months and now counting this past three weeks will almost be a month remaining for my pup. " I smiled at the warm sensation that flowed through me thinking about my pup.

"I can't wait to see her....I'll treat her well this time." I said but I didn't get a reply I heard loading of a gun.

I looked at Clinton. "Sorry, Alpha, I don't think your going to see Iris any sooner." He said pointing a gun at me.

The truth hit me like a silver bullet that was just about to be in me any moment. The mole in my pack was standing right in front of me. My own Beta. My close friend.

We grew up together. We trained together. Talked about our mate together. We were given our duties together. He was my very close friend. Not best.

I always knew this day was going to come. Clinton always had that shady aura around him. Keeping secrets was his thing. But....betraying your pack....and that too being a Beta....

"I'm sorry, Asis. I know we've been bro's since diapers. But we never really got along well. You know that too. You always had what I always wanted.

Your life is perfect. Your an Alpha. Your Pack loves you. Your mate loves you. And now your going to have a pup.

You know what? I knew it from the very beginning. Iris had told me the day I escorted her out of the pack lands. She's lucky that she ran away, or I would've killed her there, right then." He said gritting his teeth.

I was socked hearing his words. I never really thought my own Beta would hate me this much. He was..jealous...of my title, my love and he wanted my life....Why?

"Why?" I voiced my question.

"It's simple. I want to be Alpha. Once I kill you, I'll get to be Alpha. I'll get to keep Iris. And I get the Pack. This whole setup is for that ,Asis." He said laughing.

"I found these rogues on our borders. They said they wanted to kill the Luna of our pack because she was the reason their pack died. I didn't know what they were doing but I made a bargain with them.

We made a plan. I get to kill you and they would get to kill Iris. We would provoke you to throw Iris away and when you did then we planned to kill her. And then I would kill you when you were in your weakened state, because, face it, you can't live without your mate.

We made aliances with the Beta of this pack. And he agreed. Poor Iris, the Beta of this pack knew her already and he was supposed to kill her. But then they noticed the change in her scent and the bulge in her stomach.

She was pregnant.

They came to know. They were idiots, they thought that they would wait for her to give birth and then they would torture her child and make her see it. It was the best punishment for her. They spared her for months and they told me not to hurt you otherwise it would affect her and their 'Awesome' plan would fail. " he said adding quotations for the words Awesome.

"I waited a long time, Asis. No more. I don't care what happens to Iris. They won't even know that I killed you. Till they find out, I'll tell David to kill them. They are only three afterall.

Stupid morons don't stand a chance. Once I kill you, I'll become Alpha and I'll kill Iris. David will become my Beta and I'll kill all the pack members that were loyal to you, including Victor or Vincent, whatever you call him. My life will be easy after that.

I'll get a mate. Have some pups and I'll live happily ever after." He said laughing.

"You will kill all my loyal members. You forgot one thing, Clinton, the Furry pack has only loyal members. Your going to kill all if them. Who will you be the Alpha of?" I asked and chuckled.

He growled and shrugged. " I'll do my job. You don't need to tell me anything. I'll do what I want to. But sadly you won't be there to see it happen. Enjoy death." He said and was about to pull the trigger.

I closed my eyes and awaited my death. I'm sorry Iris. I'm sorry my unborn pup. I'm sorry my pack. Goodbye.

And the I heard the gunshot.

Wait....I don't feel any pain....why?

I opened on of my eyes and looked ahead of me. Clinton lay on the ground in a puddle of his own blood. I heard a faint heart beat. He was shot in his stomach.

I looked up at my saviour.

The young scrawny boy that had been in my dungeons some months ago. He had the gun in his hands and he was panting and looking wide eyed at Clinton's unconscious body.

"Is he alive? Did I kill him?" He asked dropping the gun from his shivering hands.

"No, he's alive." I stated and the young boy signed in relief.

Asis! Asis! It's Iris! She's in labour! My wolf barked at me.

What? How? How do you know? I asked surprised.

You kulz, your damn mind link is blocked! She was screaming for help! She's lucky that I heard her! C'mon we have to get there fast! Or our pup will be born without us! He snarled at me.

I growled and stomped towards the young boy. "Where is she?!" I demanded.

My wolf was trying to tell me something else but I was drowned in fear and panic that my mate was in pain and needed me and I wasn't there.

"She's in the dungeons. " he said and pointed towards a wooden cabin that was visible from the window here in the main room.

"Call an Ambulance, for him and also for Iris, she's in labour!" I said and ran towards the door.

I didn't care if that boy was enemy or friend. He helped me. Saved me from my unfaithful Beta so I considered him a good guy. And I didn't care if I called an ambulance for Clinton, too. He was a traitor.

But I'm still part human. And Iris would hate me if I killed him. So I hand him over to the Council of Werewolves. All the Alpha's of California gather together in one spot when they are called. It's a kind of court for werewolves. I'll send Clinton there. He'll be stripped of his Beta status and kicked out of my pack and put in the jail...or they'll kill him...I don't care..

I just have to get to Iris as soon as possible.