Chapter 1

"Don't you open up that window,
Don't you let out that antidote,
Popping pills is all we know,
In the hills is all we know,
Don't go through the front door (Through the back!),
It's lowkey at the night show,
So don't you open up that window,
Don't you let out that antidote"

I sing along to Travis Scott on my way to campus for my last lesson oslf the day. I'm swinging my head along to the beat as I reach a red light and drive to a halt. Damn, I can't wait to finish Uni; five moths to go! I mean, I love varsity life but it's kind of hard to concentrate on everything with all the things I have on my plate.

I'm patiently enjoying my music as I wait for the red light when I heard my phone ring beside me. I quickly grab it from the seat next to me and slide to answer without checking the callers name.

"Nigga were are you?" My best friend Keisha's voice boomed through my ears. "You need to help me take these things out of my car, I'm late!" She shouted irritated as I rolled my eyes at her dramaticness.

"Hello to you too!" I replied unfazed as I began driving down the road once the light turned green. "Look," I said quickly, "I'm right round the corner and don't want to get caught by the po-"

*Sirens*

" Police" I said exasperated before slowly pulling over and parking my car. "Dammit, Kay. I'll be there soon, I need to deal with this first." I hung up before she could protest, I rolled down my window and reduced the volume.

"Yes officer?" I asked raising my perfectly tweased eyebrow as he approached my window. He was a handsome guy actually. Looked about 6'2, dark skinned and ripped; not my type though. He leaned forward reading my car details and writing something down on a notepad before answering.

"Are you aware that you were using a phone while speeding?" He said while I rolled NY eye's at his obviousness.

"Jeez officer, is that what is called?" I asked with sarcasm clear in my tone with a hand on my chest.

"Ma'am, I hope you know I don't appreciate sarcasm." He said with an annoyed expression.

I giggled before saying " I'll note that for next time, officer..." I pause as I tried to read his name tag "Craig" I said politely while batting my lashes up at him. "And there would be no need for sarcasm if you hadn't asked an obvious question Craig" I contained as he leaned on my window completely with an angry expression.

"You know what Ma'am, I'm going to give you a ticket for your use of a phone while driving, your speed, and rudeness." He said while ripping the price of paper he was scribbling on from its pad. "And I'll act like you didn't just say what you said." He continued while looking me in the eye before saying, "Then you'll go on your way driving like a sane citizen."

"Well Damn Creig, I thought we'd be good friends until you hit me with this..." I pause while looking down at the ticket I just received from him, "$300! Nigga!" I replied with a betrayed expression.

I looked up at his angered expression from the way I'd addressed him and started the engine in order to get away from another large bill. "Bye Craig!" I said as I drove off and away from a possible lecture from the officer.

Jeez, I need to be more cautious with my words. I laughed as I thought this, turning the corner to to the university car park where I could spot Kay's blue ford fiesta. I Parke my black Audi A8 two cars away from hers before gathering my things and getting out of the car.

I slowly walked towards the provoked animal that was once my friend with a small smile that is sure to make things worse. She was fuming from the result of my timing and I have a feeling she won't go easy on me with this one.