Please Can We?

A year later

I pulled me my very long blonde hair up into a ponytail. The heat was even worse today. Worse than other days. I brushed my teeth and pulled on my blue tank top and short shorts. Soda came in to grease his hair and get ready for the day. "What do you want to do today?", i asked, "it is Saturday. Your off work right?" I looked at Soda as he combed his hair back.

"Yeah", he said. "Is something wrong Soda?", i asked. I could always tell when he was upset. We had been living together since we jumped off the train. We both got jobs, but i always had the weekends off. Soda wasnt always so lucky. I could tell Soda still wanted me to be his girlfriend, but i couldnt do it. I like bad boys. Soda is to... good. Too sweet. He wouldnt do anything to reckless.

"Im sorry, i just cant do it anymore. I miss my brothers. I miss my friends. I miss Tulsa. The only thing i dont misd are the socs. I guess you could call me homesick", he muttered. "Im sorry you feel that way Soda", i said, walking out of the bathroom. He followed me. I sat down, crossing my arms over my chest. I wouldnt look at him. I have grown so close to Soda this year. I feel like im losing someone again. This is how i felt before i moved when i saw Dallas, but that was 100 times worse.

He knew this too. I felt so close to Soda that i could tell him anything. Hes the only one. Im very cold to anyone else. I dont know how ive became so close to Soda. I tend to keep people at a distance, especially guys. "Mace...", he began. "Look Soda. I understand that you miss home. I dont have any siblings or anyone to go home to. Ive been so happy here with you this year, but now you want to leave? Ughh!", i went on, falling backwards onto the couch.

"But you wont go out with me", he said quietly. I looked at him. "You know i like you alot Soda, but i dont like you in that way", i explained for the umpteenth time. "Yeah yeah. I know. You tell me all the time when i ask. I guess ill get over it eventually", he said. "But i really want to go home." "Go home Soda. I hope you have fun", i said. "But i want you to come with me", he said.

"I cant go back Soda", i sighed, pushing my bangs back from my face. "Sure you can. Your supposed to be the tough one you know", he winked. "Whats that supposed to mean?", i asked, standing up. He smirked. "Your a chicken." "I am not!" "Then lets go home", he said, standing up. "Its not my home." "Yes it is", he said. "I lived there barely a month", i exclaimed. "So it was your home at one point", he defended. "I dont have a home. Never have and never will", i defended. "You'll change your mind about that. So can we please go?" "Im not a chicken."