Bailers

I walked out to the front of the jail. Who would bail me out? Then my question was answered when i saw Soda standing there with a small smile on his face. I picked up my switchblade i stole a while ago, and walked over to him. "Why did you bail me out?", i asked. "Because i love ya", he winked. "I love ya too Soda", i said. We walked out to his truck, and we got in.

"Ok Soda, why did you really bail me out?", i asked. I knew he loved me, but i knew that wasnt why he bailed me out. Or maybe that was just part of the reason.

"Well, i wanted to know what happened last night. It went fast, and i knew you would tell me the truth of what happened. And i couldnt stand the thought of you being in jail", he explained. "How nice", i smiled.

"Well last night, you and your friend didnt seem to like my friends much, but you sat with me anyway. Then i decided to leave because i was getting tired. My friend came up to me really quick to talk to me about school. Then Winston out of nowhere comes over and insults me. Gordie stood up for me, so Dallas punched him in the face. Then i stood up for him, and Winston hit me. Then the two of us got into a big fight. Then the cops came and arrested us. Both of us for different reasons", i finished.

"What was your reason?", Soda asked. "Something i did in the past", i said. I liked Soda. I didnt want him to think differently of me if he found out what i did. I dont want to ruin our friendship. He didnt push it either.

Soda drove right past my house and kept driving. "Soda what are you doing? My house is back there?", i said. "You want to go back there? Why dont you want to come hang out with your friends?", he asked. "Because i dont have many friends", i said. Thats is partly true. I usually make one acquaintance when i move. And i move often. And i also knew that only Two-Bit and Dally liked me from Sodas friends.

"Bullshit Mace. You have lots of friends, like me and the guys", he said, but soon regreted his words. "Correction. Two people from your friends like me. And one of them i cant stand right now and is in jail", i said. "Yeah i know", he sighed.

"Hey, we are going to the movies tomorrow. Do you want to come?", he asked. "I guess", i said. "Lighten up", Soda said as he pulled up beside my house. "At least your not in jail." I got out of the car and looked at him. "Thank you Soda", i smirked. "Anytime. See ya tomorrow", he smiled happily. But on the inside, he was dying.