Chapter 1

*unedited*

'Watch it nerd!'

I was going towards my locker to get my books for the last period of the day, English. I looked up to see the 'bad boy' of the school, Chris standing in front of me. Instead of replying, all I did was to stare at him. He was wearing a black v-neck which clung on to his abs clearly and I could not help but look at him in awe.

I got out of my trance and immediately stepped aside so I wouldn't get into trouble. He smirked knowing my fear of him and walked past me. Realising that I had only three minutes to get to class, I ran to my locker and dashed to class. Class was exceptionally boring today since the teacher kept on talking and talking while I was falling asleep.

When the bell rang, I couldn't be more happy that the day as over. I walked to my locker and found my best friend of almost 8 years, Eva Morris smiling at me. 'Why are you smiling so much? It's making me sick.' She gave me a look that told me the whole story. Her crush was finally talking to her, Dave Bass who she had a crush on since 8th grade. My mouth turned upwards and we both squealed. Not wanting to stay at school willing any longer, we left while she told me about how it happened the whole way. Since she lived next to me, we went the same way.

'MOM, I'M HOME!'

I walked to my room and slammed my bag onto the floor . Laying on my bed, I felt tired so I went to freshen up. After lunch, I did my homework and fell asleep. When i finally woke up from my nap, it was 4pm so I went down and realised my mother was asleep on the couch. My mother was tired because she had to work hard to support the both of us, my father had left us when I was a the tender age of 4. I remember the whole incident so clearly and it still hurt me when I thought about it. I didn't want to wake up my mom so I left the house to get to work. I worked at a cafe nearby in order to use the income to support us.

Work was painfully slow, same thing over and over again. When I was about to leave, I saw a familiar face walk in. He approached me and I gave him a bear hug. 'Will, I missed you. It's about time you came to see me. ' Will was 20 and worked at the cafe after my shift was over. He was like the older brother I never had. He was away for 2 years overseas due to his studies but was back for a while. We talked for a while before I went home.

I was so tired to even cook dinner that I decided to just have a bunch of oreos, I mean who doesn't like oreos. I did my homework while listening to Diva, by Beyonce. It was my favorite song at the moment. I managed to finish my homework and eventually fell into sweet slumber.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is my first book and I hope you liked the first chapter! Comment, vote and follow. Don't be a silent reader!!! Love you guys!

Song of the day--- Love Myself, Hailee Steinfeld

~Aiyat~