Chapter 10

*unedited*

"Ugggh, cut them damn lights off" I shouted. 'Why do I have to go to school? It's useless." "Get up and come down for breakfast when you're ready, I made chocolate chip pancakes." When I heard that, I jumped out of bed and got ready. Food was my main motivation to get ready, I mean who's isn't?

I quickly got ready in a top with the words "hungover queen", grey jeans and my signature leather jacket. I fixed my hair up into my go-to high ponytail, went down for food and left the house only to see the entire group of friends waiting for me. The first thing I said after getting in was, "Thanks for picking me up, whose car is this and how do you guys know where I live?". "Wow, you sure ask a lot huh? Your welcome, its Dan's car and everyone knows where you live because nobody has moved here for 5 years so its kind of a big news." Sierra told me. Well, I guess that makes sense.

We just chatted and screamed out the lyrics to random songs on the way to school. We parked in a parking spot that I think was reserved for us because it was the best spot but no one parked there. Feeling unusually tired, I went into school with the rest of the gang like a bunch of bosses. It was kinda cliche because everyone went out of their way to make way for us. "A little over-the-top, don't you think?" I thought to myself. 

We all went to our separate lockers and I talked to Dan for a while because he was the nicest and closest to my locker. His grey eyes were mesmerising and I think I spaced out for a while because I suddenly found fingers snapping me out of my trance. "Hey, you there? You blanked out again." 

"Your eyes are just really beautiful." Wow, did I really just say that? Well, no turning back now.

"Thanks, hey, you know what? Wanna ditch? I just don't feel like taking care of a bunch of bitches and asshats." He asked. "Sure" I agreed instantly and we walked out of school trying not to get caught. We ended up going to a really cute cafe nearby called Lava Java which was owned by Dan's aunt. 

"Dan? So nice to see you again! I see you brought a beautiful lady friend this time. What's your name dear?". "It's nice to meet you, I'm Zara. This place is really cute!". "Thanks honey, go take a seat by the window you two.". I ordered a java mocha which was like heaven and Dan ordered a cafe latte and we shared a slice of chocolate cake while we played 20 questions to get to know each other better.

"How many siblings do you have?". "None, only child here." I replied. "What is a secret that nobody knows?". I asked as my last question. "You have to promise not to tell anyone and I'm only telling you because I trust you. I am a street fighter at this place called Hide-out because it used to be a hide-out for gangs but not anymore.".

 I did not know how to react because I was so shocked as he did not seem like one for fights. He was very muscular though so it kind of makes sense now. On the other hand, I was excited because I was such a good girl that I had never been to an underground arena. Eva tried to bring me there before but I was more of a nerd then than I am now so I always refused. 

"Can I come for one of your fights? I wanna see how well you fight." I asked. "Really? You aren't going to be disgusted or run away from me? Well, isn't this a surprise? I thought you would be scared and that would be because when I told my previous best friend, he screamed at me and ran away because he thought I would become violent which is kind of stupid if you ask me.". "No, I'm not scared of you because I think that it is kind of cool that you can fight and now I have a personal bodyguard now." I joked, trying to lighten the mood a little as well. "It's kind of hot that you can fight too". I thought. "What? So you think I'm hot?". Dan asked. I blushed at what he said and groaned, "I said that out loud huh?" He just nodded and chuckled at my misery.

He got up and pulled me up as well. "Come on, you wanna get out of here and go somewhere?" 

"You're not gonna kidnap me and kill me right?" "Well..." I smacked his chest, which might I add was very much like a rock and I could feel his abs through the thin t-shirt he was wearing and laughed while walking.

I started to think about some things like the fact that I might have a tiny crush on Dan.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope you like the chapter and just so you know, I LOVE coffee. Do you guys like coffee too? Hope you have a wonderful day and don't be a silent reader. Comment, fan and vote!! By the way, thank you guys for the 1.6k reads, I did not expect this much so I was pleasantly surprised.

Song of the day--- Youth by Troye Sivan