Chapter 9

Ashey Benson as Lola Smith

*unedited*

"MOM!, ARE YOU HOME?" I shouted but was met with silence. I walked over to the kitchen to get food because the canteen food was quite bad and I was hungry. I went to open the fridge and found a note on it. "Hey, honey. I have gone to my first day of work. I will be back around 6 or 7pm so finish up all your homework and when I return, we can talk. Love you, Mom." I let out a long sigh of relief because I had forgotten that she had work as I was so used to her being home when I came back after school.

I went up to my room and freshened up to do my homework and relax for a bit. I suddenly woke up and later realised that I had fallen asleep once I had finished my homework and looking over at my clock, I realised that it was alrea dy 4.30pm. Rubbing my eyes groggily, I decided to go for a walk outside, maybe make some friends. Since I didn't take long to get ready, I decided on a white tank top, black jeans and my newly bought leather jacket, to get into the attitude of a bad girl. 

I went to explore the neighbourhood and found a park. Walking in, I saw a group of people, looking around my age playing basketball. They all looked kinda badass and fierce, almost like looking at them might get me into trouble.

"DUCK!" 

"WHAT THE FUCK?"

Not knowing whether it was directed at me, I immediately ducked and caught the ball that I saw coming towards me. I managed to catch it successfully and looked up to see that group of people with their eyebrows raised, clearly impressed. I realised that I probably looked weird at that point, a "badass" scared of a bunch of people. I cleared my throat and said, "Your ball? Might wanna aim better next time." while giving one of them, a guy with black hair and brown eyes a cold stare. "Yeah, about that, sorry. I didn't mean to do that.".

 I was surprised, he was not as rude and scary as I expected him to be. "You got a good, arm!". I thanked him and he introduced the rest of the group to me. The guy with brown hair and green eyes was Nick, guy with black hair and brown eyes was Will, guy with neon green hair was Dan and he looked the nicest among all of them. Somehow, he managed to pull the hair colour off. The girl with brown long hair and brown eyes was Sierra and the other girl with bright red hair and brown eyes was Carmen but everyone called her Red. She was the only one who seemed very unfriendly and satred at me very coldly. "Nice to meet you guys, I'm Zara. I'm just moved here from USA.". 

After a long time of chatting with them, I realised that all of us went to the same school and decided that we would meet tomorrow during lunch. I said goodbye and went home, tired. Immediately after reaching home, I fell asleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope you like the chapter! I'm really sorry by the way for not having updated for long, I have no excuse apart from the last 1.5 months for exams. Hope you are having a nice day and comment, vote and follow if you like the story! Thank you guys a lot for the 1.1k reads!!!! I did not even expect this much because 500 reads was already enough for me. Love you guys!

Song of the day--- One dance mashup by Alex Aiono

~Aiyat~