Chapter 3

*unedited*

'Why would she do this? What did I ever do to her?' I managed to say through my sobs.

'She is an evil bitch. She ruins people's lives.' 'Wait did you just quote Mean Girls?' I replied. Eva just stared at me not knowing what to say and we both burst into laughter. I felt a little cheered  up by her and after talking and mostly gushing about how hot Francisco Lakhowski is, she went home, leaving me home alone. I did whatever homework I had and went to sleep while dreading going to sleep the next day.

Next day I woke up really early and could not go back to sleep. All I could think about the flashback of that night. I went to school wearing jeans and a hoodie because as usual I wanted to blend in with the crowd. As soon as I entered the school, everyone went quiet and looked at me. So much for trying to sneak in! I hesitantly went over to my locker and tears were welling up in my eyes. People had spray painted 'SLUT' and 'LOSER' all over it. I tried to fight back tears and was hugged by someone from behind. I panicked and tried to punch the person but the person told me,' Calm down Zara, it's just me' I heaved a breath of relief as I realized that it was just Eva.

We chatted on the way to class as she comforted me while going to first period, Maths. We went in and sat down but I couldn't keep my focus. I just felt like tearing Lola's eyes out. Apparently I was unsuccessful in keeping my cool because suddenly I heard someone say,' Are you okay, you just broke your pencil into 2 pieces?' I turned and saw a cute boy looking at me, realizing that I had yet to answer his question, I told him I was okay.

Halfway through the day, during Chemistry, a guy came in to give the teacher a slip of paper. She said,' Zara Lane, the principal wants to see you in his office, now.' I stared at her with widened eyes, I mean I had done nothing wrong right? I stood outside the office while having a mini heart attack in me. A bored looking lady outside the office told me to go straight in.

My palms were sweaty because I thought that I was going to get into trouble. The principal looked up from whatever he was doing and smiled warmly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, 'Why is he smiling if I'm in trouble?'. Then, it hit me that I wasn't in trouble. I was relieved and he started talking.

'Ms Lane, I have some good news for you, it depends on whether you choose to be happy with it or whether you want to stick to your choice. One of the top colleges have chosen you for a scholarship to go there right after your senior year is over. The college is in another state, California.' The smile that was on my face dropped quickly and bit my lip, good college but away from Eva, my mother and Will.

He continued,'The scholarship is fully paid and you will not have to use any of your own money for anything. There is still time to think about this, take your time and make the right choice by the end of this month.'. I thanked him and walked out while I tried to take in all of this. I walked back to class, still dazed, and continued with my day. I was extremely happy because due to this scholarship, my mother will not have to support me so she will have money to take care of herself. When it was lunch, I had a plan to avoid Eva at all costs so that I would not have to tell her this big news.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This chapter is just to lead to the next. Hope you like it. Comment, vote and follow. Don't be a silent reader!!! Love you guys!

Song of the day--- Confident by Demi Lovato

~Aiyat~