Chapter Three: Thorns

"There you are!"

It was a Goddess's voice. I turned to see a woman with flowing long hair that went to her ankles and that wore a black tunic, looking as if the stars had been laced into the fabric. Her silvery moon eyes stared into my eyes as she smiled lovingly. Large breasts were traced out by the fancy dress (every goddess seems to have large breasts except for me and yes, I do have a little bit of a complex with that).

"Even Helios had trouble finding you, but do not fear children, you are safe now." The woman explained as I felt my blood boil.

I smiled a little. "Children?"

I could already tell that I wasn't going to like her. I relaxed and let my powers make vines grow and wrap around her ankles as chains. She simply raised an eye brow at me and just snapped her leg up into the air to break them. I winced when I heard the vines cry in pain, making my anger all the more visible.

"Nyx!" Eros yelped nervously. "The goddess of night!" I hadn't noticed that he  followed me out here and if I wasn't so worried about getting caught I would have yelled at him. The goddess of the night stared at me with a soft smile. I never actually met her before and had only heard rumors about her. She supposedly didn't like to be social and no one dared to force her to come with her lovely husband. I guess I understood, now that I could actually say I met her. She was beautiful, but I could tell she was intimidating.

She looked as if she was just going to ignore everything and snag both Eros and I away which I would imagine wouldn't bother her.

The Egyptian prince guarded me, "Who are you?" His arm was wrapped around my shoulders.

"Wait-" I began to say, but he was now protecting me.

"Don't you dare think you can take her away from me, I am a god." Oh boy, I wished more than anything to just shut him up at this moment. Goddesses were especially well known for losing their temper when it came a human's oversized ego.

"Oh I love Egyptians. They have such interesting ideas." Nyx said, her lips twitching. I could tell she was being sarcastic. I took a few steps back and put myself in front of the prince. No matter what, I was not going to let this prince get hurt. I hoped she could see that on my face, but the thing about some goddesses is that they don't care about anything except getting what they wanted. I'm sure my mother might have promised something very large for someone to find me.

"Go inside my lord." I whispered to him, "I can handle it from here."

He didn't budge. What happened to my goddess abilities to at least control a human? I tilted my head up slightly and tried to look as attractive as Aphrodite did whenever she was tempting a human to do something.

"Please." I whispered as he blinked a few times. He turned to leave after placing a kiss on my forehead. I was blushing like crazy at the moment as Nyx stared at me curiously. A soft little smile was playing on her lips like a child might have when they knew a secret about their siblings that they were going to reveal to the parents.

"So," she stepped forward, "this is what you two have been up to. Running and making princes fall in love with you! Isn't that just funny?" She giggled lightly as her dark hair blew in the wind. I felt defeated, suddenly when she walked over to me and snatched my wrist and then caught Eros by the wing.

"Let go! That hurts!" Eros whined as I mimicked his whining.

She sighed before answering, "Oh please, what I'm doing right now is nothing compared to what your mothers are going to do."

I paled as Eros snorted, "My mom isn't going to do a thing."

This was probably true, but my mother…she was going to throw such a fit. She was probably going to yell at Leuke for not watching me then yell at everyone else for not being able to find me. She might even cause the world to go hungry for a few weeks before she got over this. Oh, and she might even take her revenge on the Egyptians. No, never mind on the might part. She will take some sort of revenge on the Egyptians.