Prologue

Winter's POV (10 years ago)
It's snowing out. The pack and I are in a cave waiting out the storm. We turn into human form and father was told to start a fire. I sit next to him waging my tail.

"Father?" I ask as my wolf ears droop. "Yes Winter, what is it?" He asks as he adds sticks into the burning ashes.

"Why did you name me after this harsh time?" I ask. He looks down at me and smiles. "You were named not after the storms you named after the season." He says.

"I don't get it. What's the difference?" I ask. "Yes winter can bring storms but it also brings us beautiful snow and protection from the land lords." He says. "So you are named after beauty and protection." He adds.

"Father?" I ask. "Yes?" He says. "Why do the  people from outside the forest hate us so much?" I ask.

Father looks down at the fire with his ears drooping. "Because we are the outsiders they do not and will not care for us no matter what. I don't want you crossing they're territory. I already lost your mother to them I don't want to loose you or your brothers." He says.

"I won't go to their territory father, I promise." I say. Father just smiles and kisses the top of my head.

"Coal how's that fire?" Adolph the Alfa male of our pack asks coming towards us. "It'll last us for a night but the wind will probably blow it out." Father says.