Chapter Twelve

*Maddie's Point of View
I didn't know where I was going but as soon as Fab walked away I ran, wherever my feet could take me.

I didn't want to think. I didn't want to function. Julian made me feel numb and powerful at the same time and what scared me the most was that I still wanted to be with him.

But in that moment, as I stood hunched over the bridge gazing into the  hectic blue ocean I knew it was over.

With a heavy heart, I started to walk home.

**Flashback
"Mads, are you finished packing?" Julian grinned, peeking around the tour bus.

"Almost." she whispered, gazing at Ohio, her hometown that she was about to leave forever.

"Having doubts?" he questioned, wrapping his strong arms around her feeble waist.

"No, I'm just scared." she mumbled, not making eye contact.

Julian frowned, tilting her chin up to meet his eyes.

"What if we don't last? What if you get bored of me?"

He smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"It's you and me, Maddie. We're forever. I promise." Julian said.

"Julian, we've only been dating for 4 months!" she protested.

"I know, but you make me feel strong. I love you, that'll never change." he smirked.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She smiled and grabbed her suitcase and his hand, following him towards the tour bus and onto their journey together.
**End of Flashback

*Julian's Point of View
He jumped as he heard the lock click but didn't turn around. He knew who it was.

"Julian." she spoke in a broken whisper.

He turned to face her and they both looked like shit.

Before she could speak, he quickly jogged to her and caught her lips in a forceful kiss.

She kissed back, entangling her fingers through his dark hair.

They kissed until their lips bruised and until they could barely breathe.

Madison finally pulled back and stared at him.

"Julian-"

"We have to break up." he said quickly.

Her face showed a mix of expressions, starting with surprised and ending in broken.

"W-what?" she struggled to hold back the tears.

"I'm not in love with you anymore, Maddie. That's why I cheated and I can't keep hurting you." he said, gazing into her eyes.

She backed up, farther and farther until she knocked into Julian's beer bottles, them crashing and shattering to the ground.

"Maddie!" he yelled, trying to walk towards her but she moved further back.

"You're so fucking oblivious! You cheat on me and then break up with me! No! No, I won't let you!" she screamed.

"Maddie, I can't do this anymore." he said quietly, but she heard him.

"We're supposed to be forever." she whispered, making pleading eyes with him.

"You aren't my forever, Maddie. You never were." he said.

And at that moment she could feel a piece of her fading away.
--
Sorry for the long wait, but not many of you are as active as you used to be. Comment if you want an update, I'm in the process of editing some of my fetus chapters lmao.
Dedicated to my friend that I've recently started talking to again, which is great.

xo,
lailah