Chapter Two

Julian sat by the fire, still recovering from the water incident. Albert and Nick sat snickering in the corner, still wringing out there shirts with a grin. Niko and Fab were still unseen, upstairs drying off in the bathoom. I tried to sneak into the room unnoticed, but Julian seemed to turn and focus directly on me in an instant. Damn it.

"A word, Maddie?" He said in a low voice so Albert and Nick wouldn't hear. 

I shrugged and walked over to him in the chair, giving him a good 3 feet away from me. I didn't want to come out of this with a broken neck from the angry lead singer. Julian turned to me, tapping his fingertips together as he stared at me. 

"Maddie, we're friends right?" He asked, looking straight at me. 

"Yeah, of course Jules." I said. " What's up?"

"I have something to tell you." 

"Shoot."

"It may surprise you..."

"It's okay, Julian."

"But--"

"Just tell me."

"I met someone."

I didn't move. His words processed in my brain, and something about what he said made me feel lonely. I shook the chills off, and forced a smile. 

"Well, that's great. She must be nice."

"So it's okay with you then?"

"It's totally fine. Don't worry." I lied.

"I don't want it to be awkward, so---"

"Don't worry, Julian it's been 2 years. I'm good." 

He nodded, looking disapointed for some reason.

"I mean, I still like you, but just as a friend." I said

"Just as a friend?" He asked, doubtfully. 

"Well, you said you didn't want to be tied down so I had no choice." I said, getting annoyed. 

"You didn't have to break up with me though."

"What the fuck did you want me to do Julian? Get on my knees and beg? You knew what was coming, so if you're regretting it then it's your problem!" 

He was silent. Oh shit. Why did I just say that?!

"Maddie---you still--?"

Fab and Niko came downstairs. "

"What's popping?" Fab asked, grabbing an apple.

"Nothing really." Albert replied. 

"Yo Julian, can we talk songs?" Niko asked, walking up to us.

"Can it wait bro? Me and Maddie are--"

"No don't worry about it. You can have him." I said, eager to have an excuse to leave. 

"Maddie, wait--"

I left out in a hurry.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My phone buzzed. It was from my best friend Liz.

So bored. The parents are total bags, watching the Brady Bunch. Wanna go do something? 

                                                                        -Liz

I'd love that. Julian drama. Majorly pissed. Meet me at Jamba Juice in ten?