Chapter 5: A Previous Lover

Etho waited a few minutes before getting up to start investigating.

He first went to the second floor, finding many doors, some open, some closed.

He went to the closed ones first. The first he went into was an office like room. He found a bunch of business documents and person letters to some people, presumably friends or family.

One letter caught his eye. It was addresses to Nebris, sent from a city way down south, right along the Ridigo Sea.

Dear Mr. Ray

Your order of lock picks and throwing knifes has been terminated due to recent events regarding your treachery with the organization.

He took note of it, before putting back where he'd found it. He quickly went through the rest, taking note of everything even remotely important.

He made his way to the other room with a closed door, making sure he left the office how he'd found it.

The next room was a very elegant looking bedroom.

It had a very ornate wood bed frame, chairs, and wardrobes. The upholstery was all a deep purple, one that looked distinctly like Nebris' purple eyes.

He made a quick scope of the room, coming across a picture.

The picture is of a young boy with long brown hair and deep purple eyes, supposedly Nebris, a women with equally purple eyes and long curly brown hair, probably Nebris' mother, and a man with short brown hair and bubbly blue eyes, most likely his father. Nebris looked to be around six or seven.

He looked so happy in the picture, which mad Etho's heart swell with happiness. It was an odd sensation, one he'd never had before. It worried him, but he pushed that thought aside, getting back to the task at hand.

Etho found a wrinkled note, that looked like it had once had tears on it, in the corner of the room, behind the wardrobe.

Nebs, my love,

I know this'll seem rude and inconsiderate, but I'm leaving you. I don't have the heart to do it in person. There's stuff I must take care of in Airbedus, which is my home town. I don't know if or when i'll come back. so this is goodbye my love.

-Seth B.

Etho gaped at the letter. Seth B, Seth Bling. Etho killed Nebris' lover. He hadn't known at the time, but the mention of purple being Seth's favorite and lilacs. It must've reminded him of Nebris.

Etho didn't know how to take the news. It actually kinda pained him, seeing as Nebris was probably devastated because of it.

It also brought a few things to light. Nebris obviously had a soft side, one he could use his connection with Seth to bring out.

Etho quickly put everything back to where it had been and left the room, literally running into Arkas.

"Sir Etho, your room is the last one on the left."

"Cut the formalities Arkas, Nebris isn't here"

"Getting down to business already, I see."

"Yes, I only have two weeks to get the job down, so I have to work fast."

They both freeze when they hear the door open.

Etho nods at Arkas, making his way to the room he'd been given.