Chapter 11: Pain And Tears

It had been almost a week since that emotional morning, and Etho hadn't ever felt more lost. He loved Nebris, deeply. But, he had killed Seth, which he hadn't told Nebris about yet. He hadn't told him about his real life. His real job.

He had two days to complete his job, and he didn't think he could do it.

During the week he'd grown so close to Nebris. The two were practically inseparable.

"You ok....?" Nebris asks, bringing Etho out of his thoughts, which were a never ending trail of worries.

"Uh yeah... I'm fine" Etho says, glancing at Nebris, seeing him worried, which hurt his heart greatly.

"You've been acting weird all week, I'm worried about you...."

"It's nothing, really Nebris." Etho says with a sigh.

"What aren't you telling me? there's gotta be something"

Etho stops walking, turning to face Nebris, taking both of his soft hands in his own.

"There is something Nebris.... I...." Etho stared into Nebris' purple eyes and the rush of emotions that hit him were the exact opposite of what he should want, but what he really wanted was right in front of him. "I'm the one that killed Seth....."

A startled look came to Nebris' face, then quickly turned to hurt and betrayal, which Etho hated putting there.

"What?!?!.....how.... how could you" Nebris sobs, breaking down.

"I.... I'm an assassin.... I had been given the job to kill him.... I'm so, so sorry Nebs...." Etho says, tears starting to roll down his cheeks, his perfect guise crumbling down. "I'm sorry" Etho adds, it coming out barely above a whisper.

Nebris just stands there, his cheeks stained with tears, looking shocked, betrayed, hurt, and broken.

"Go" Nebris whispers, his voice quiet and raspy

"Bu....." was all Etho got the chance to say

"Go and never come back" Nebris says, interrupting Etho, his voice cracking.

Etho bows his head in shame, walking away from the purple eyed man that he loves. He had hurt Nebris so badly. He didn't deserve him. He didn't deserve anything.