Chapter 6: A Few Defining Details

Etho closed the door to the room behind him, taking in the same elegant furnishing of Nebris' room.

His bags where on the end of the bed, along with a small pouch. He picked up the small pouch, feeling the gold coins inside.

Etho chuckled quietly. He finally payed me back I see, Etho thought to himself.

He unpacked, making sure to keep his assassins guise, holsters, and weapons hidden.

There was a knock on the door, which made Etho quickly put the last knife into place and close the storage container.

"Come in" Etho calls

Nebris enters the room, a cut across his cheek, which he doesn't seem to even really notice.

"....Are you ok?" Etho asks

"What....?" Nebris feels the cut on his cheek "oh that, yeah, I'm fine. A thief down in the farmers market."

"Ah"

"My chief is almost done with dinner, if you'd like to join me in the dinning room."

"Yes, I'll be down soon"

Nebris leaves without another word.

Etho takes the rest of his holsters and sheaths off, feeling safe enough to walk around without them.

He makes his way down the stairs, nodding at Arkas when he passes him.

Etho takes the seat beside Nebris at the large dinning room table.

After a servant brought in the food, which was beautifully cooked lamb chops and mash potatoes, Nebris started a conversation.

"Have you ever been here before, this town that is?"

"One other time, but it was very brief, just passing through."

"Ah, I see, so you've never seen the little gems then"

"I'd suppose not" Etho says, laughing

"I could give you a tour, if you'd like."

"That would be great Nebris, I'd really appreciate it."

After a little bit of quiet while eating, Nebris brings up another topic.

"Just curious, your hair, it's what color exactly?"

"Ah, that, it's platinum blonde."

"Is that a genetic thing or....?"

"Yes, my father had this color as well, runs in the family" That actually wasn't a lie. "I could ask the same about your eyes" Etho deadpans

"Genetic as well. My mother...." Nebris has a brief look of sadness cross his face "she also had purple eyes."

"I'm guessing your mother was very beautiful, considering your a handsome man yourself." Etho says, trying to be charming.

A light blush appears on Nebris' face "she was beautiful, people used to say I looked exactly like her."

Etho had started etching away Nebris' protective barrier, finding that soft side.

The same servant that had brought the food, took the dishes away when we finished.

"Would you like to accompany me for a drink in the lounge?" Nebris asks, his purple gaze cast on Etho.

"I'm going to have to deny your request, its been a long travel and I'd like to rest. But, thank you for the offer."

Nebris nods "makes sense. Sleep well."

Etho nods his thanks as he makes his way up to his room.

Arkas is waiting there when he enters the room. He closes the door behind him, giving the two more privacy.

"Handsome? are you really going that route Etho?" Arkas asks, shaking his head.

"Yes, I feel that this'll be the easiest way."

"Isn't this exact thing the reason you left the last city"

"Yes, but that won't happen this time."

"...."

"I promise I'll be careful Arkas. This is my career, I know what I'm doing"

"Alright, well good night Mr. Etho."

Arkas leaves, tension hanging in the air.

Etho pushed the thoughts aside, getting a small, old, worn leather book out of his bag and sat on the bed.

He opened it, turning to a page he'd looked at time and time again, Seth's page.

Etho was an assassin, but not heartless. He kept a page or two on each person he assassinated, making sure he remembered each.

Each page told about the person, Seth's was very detailed. Etho read about Seth, seeing that while he had been on that job that Seth had mentioned Nebris, not by name, but he did.

He mentioned him loving lilacs and fresh baked blueberry muffins. He mentioned him loving night time and the sun set.

Etho now had a little more info on Nebris, and how he could get Nebris to trust him.