9

The weekend went surprisingly well except for the party. Harry was incredibly sweet and nice to me and he was very open with me. He comforted me when I was upset and I am very grateful for that.

It's now Wednesday and Harry has been avoiding me all week.

I don't know why he is. He just is.

I thought it was going to be different after we hung out for a while. But no.

He sits next to me in French and doesn't say much and when I see him around school he doesn't even acknowledge me.

He doesn't seem himself. Although I don't really know what himself is.

He walks down the hallways with his head down, eyebrows pulled together and a small frown on his lips.

I'm annoyed at him. Harry hasn't said a full sentence to me even after the nice breakfast we had together.

I sigh and take a bite of my sandwich at our table in the canteen. Everyone chats about stuff but I can't be bothered listening.

Out of the corner of my eyes I see Harry walking through the doors. I turn my head slightly to get a better look at him. I hold my breath.

He looks so amazing. His hair is in his usual quiff and his clothes are the same but yet he looks different. All week he has been down but today he looks more confident with himself. He stands straight and his head is held high.

He is so beautiful. He is just breath taking. Why has he been ignoring me? My small smile drops slightly as I look at him. It breaks my heart. I really thought we were becoming closer.

All of a sudden I see Harry's head snap towards me. His piercing green eyes burn into mine and his mouth opens slightly. I reluctantly look away. This is the first time we have had eye contact for the past week.

"Rosie you okay?" Emily whispers in my ear.

"Huh? Yeh I'm fine. Why?" I say stuffing my face with my sandwich.

"Okay... Just wondering." She says.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom." I lie as I get up and walk outside the canteen.

I walk down the almost empty hallways to my locker.

Taking a deep breath I open it. I don't think I have realised until now, how much I really like Harry. I breath out as I close my locker door and nearly scream when I see him next to me.

He stands there with wide eyes. "Are you okay?"

Why is he talking to me now? Why not in class? I don't say anything. I'm just shocked that he is making the first move.

"Look. I know I haven't been talking to -"

"Harry stop." I say. "Please."

He looks at me helplessly.

"You are confusing me. One minute you are being all nice and friendly and the next you are ignoring me." I pause and look down. "Why are you doing this?"

I look up again and see Harry's sad face.

"Rosie please." He says.

"Please what?" I say angrily. More people gather in the hallway and I realise that the bell must have rung for last period. I start to get stuff out of my locker when Harry gently touches my wrist.