Chapter 7

Alex ' s POV

" Dude, how'd you get her out, eating, and asleep with all of the yelling?"

" Well first and foremost, I've known her since she was born, so I knew she would come out of the cupboard if we spoke long enough. You guys were up there for a good 2 hours. Second, I know she likes peanut butter sandwiches with bananas in them, so she was likley to eat them, they seemed practically starved at the orphanage, and third, she isn't asleep, she just wants you to think that she is. Her heart's beating to quickly for her to be asleep."

Lizzie ' s POV

Why dont you just roll that bus you threw me under back and forth a few time Zack? God dammit. Now they're gonna wanna punish me for trying to trick them.

"Should we just leave her be or. . ." Jack asked. They weren't aware but from my position I could see his and Alex' s intertwined hands.

"What I'm more interested in, is the fact that you've known her since she was born?" Said Alex. "Why didn't you say that earlier?" He sounded mad, I haven't seen Alex mad yet and I don't quite fancy the idea of it. When people are mad they drink, and when they drink they hit me. . .

"Alex, calm down, I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation, and she's obviously comfortable with him so it can't be too bad."

"He probably just doesn't want to be associated with me" I whispered. Zack rubbed my back comfortingly.

"No honey, that's not it at all, I just didn't want to make Rian mad as we have some things we need to talk about, okay?" He said.

"Okay then, Zack explain what's going on, man." Alex said.

    "Okay, you know how me and Rian were already friends when we met you , Jack? It was because our parents had been friends, so it was only natural for us to be close, when we met you, Lizzie here was about 2. When the band formed in 2003 she was 5 and her life was still happy. Five years later however, it took a dark turn, our mother passed away whilst getting her medicine, and I blamed her for it."

     Jack and Alex gasped.

    Zack took a breathe, and I started shaking, I knew it was my fault he left, just like I know it's my fault my mother died.

    "It wasn't fair of me, especially since my father got drunk that night and she needed someone, but I left, I was going to tell them about the tour the next day anyway. All I left was a note, not even a phone number, I didn't want my dad to be able to drag me back to Baltimore, he never approved of the band. " Zack finished all he was going to tell at that point, and I was ready to run if any sudden movements were made.

   I could still see Alex's face from my position and he looked absolutely pissed.

    "I'm sorry, you did what?!" He yelled. He had dropped Jack's hand and his hands were clenched into fists.

     "I know I shouldn't have left her, I'm sorry, I didn't expect my father to go crazy and start beating her!" Zack said. Alex started walking towards us, his fists still clenched. I screamed, and that seemed to startle everyone.

     "I'm sorry," I whispered. " I didn't mean to make a noise, please don't hurt me. I know I deserve it but. . ." I curled into Zack, hoping he wouldn't give me over to Alex.

     "Hey, hey, it's okay hun, I'm not gonna hurt you, how about I take you upstairs and you go to sleep, okay? Me, Alex and Zack need to talk about some things, okay?" Jack said, moving toward me, Alex still looked a bit unstable, so I was glad Jack had decided to be the one who grabbed me.

    "Okay," I said. "But please don't hurt Zack, and don't let Alex either."

    "I won't, everyone's okay, okay?" He said, carrying me upstairs.

     "Okay." I whispered as he tucked me in, and I floated off into a deep, dream filled sleep.