Chapter 13

Lizzie's Pov

As I had guessed it would happen, when the boys came down stairs, Zack still bleeding slightly, Rian was glaring at Alex, who I noticed was limping. God damn, they wonder why I'm scared of them, when they beat each other like this, as best friends? And Jack just looked at his friends, concerned for their wellbeing. Poor Jack, everything's going to shit around him and it's my fault, he must hate me. I would . . . They didn't sit down, they all were towering above me, and I didn't much appreciate it.

"Sit the fuck down." I said, standing. I wasn't loud but I think they were shocked into obedience, as they all listened and stared at me. They're staring, you fucked up. They're gonna hurt you, and it's your fault. My mind was racing, and I couldn't breathe.

"Lizzie, it's okay, you aren't in trouble, we aren't mad." Jack said calmly.

"Thank you, Jack" I said once my breathing calmed down. "Now, you're all going to listen to me, and you're going to listen well, got it?" I was still standing, pacing now.

"Lizzie, is this neces-" Alex started.

"It's completely fucking necessary Alexander William Gaskarth, as you think it's okay to go into your bestfriends room and beat him up on my behalf, after he hurt himself, on my behalf, and you're fucking correct it is going to be the last time you do this because if it isn't I will beat your ass, and then report you to child services for endangering a minor." I cut him off, he wasn't going to explain his reasoning, because it was not okay.

"Alex, you did what?" Jack growled.

"You heard me, Barakat. But you're going to keep your ass planted right there because you've all been making me fucking terrified of you, and you are the only person I trust right now." I whispered, just loud enough for them to hear. Alex and Rian looked hurt, but Zack was unsurprised, he knew it was going to take a while for me to even start trusting him.

"I'm sorry, Lizzie." He said. He looked disappointed in himself.

"It's okay, Jackary. Rian, don't give me that look. I'm aware that you are the cause for Alex's limp. When are guys gonna see? I'm not worth it, you're just gonna end up trying to find another kid who isn't as fucked up as I am anyways." These boys must think that I'm oblivious.

"Okay, now that I've had my go at the two of you, I'm gonna just. . ." I said, curling into the fetal position.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and flinched. They're probably just lining up the shot.

"Lizzie? What are you doing?" Rian said. Oh, he must not want me to protect myself. . . Too bad. I'm not willing to die for this.

"Come on Lizzie, get up. It's okay." Jack said, he was rubbing circles on my back soothingly. This is all a ploy to hurt you more, you know that right? He picked me up, and I'm ashamed to say, I screamed. Loudly. I kicked, a writhed trying to get him to put me down. "Lizzie, stop struggling. It's okay!" He didn't realise, he didn't know that what he was doing, was going to set our relationship back so far, farther back than when it started. He didn't know he was going to make the nightmares come back.

And he didn't know it was going to be his face in them.

Extremely Dark (TW)

"It's okay, Lizzie. I'm not going to hurt you." He said. Picking me up. I screamed, nothing good ever happened when he said that. Infact the last three times it had ended with. . . I kicked back at the thought. He dropped me and my ankle made a sickening cracking sound. I tried to crawl away from him, but then I felt a stabbing pain.

He had my ankle, and was pulling me backwards. I had already gotten free from him twice, and I hadn't been pinned yet. My shirt had been torn off, and my shorts were partially shredded. He pulled me closer to himself and I whimpered. He pinned  me down, holding both of my wrists in one hand

"Please don't do this! I won't tell anyone! Please!" I shrieked. He punched me in the face. Hard. My nose felt like it had been shattered. I screamed out in pain. Hoping someone would hear me.

"Be silent, bitch! If you stop struggling, it will all be over soon." He said as he positioned me beneath himself. But his face wasn't that of my foster father. It was Jack.