11

Fight night

This is it, we've been training for two days that I had to dodge Ember everytime. She called me and texted me but I never returned. I don't need distractions, after the night I called my mom, I never did anything else but train. I've gone stronger, better and faster. Now it's almost ten in the evening as we waited for them, alert and ready. "Where are they?" I whispered, my vision clearer than before. I drank deer blood before we went here. I saw a shadow, my head turned to that direction. Max. "Hey!" I yelled, Caleb placed a hand on my shoulder. One by one, every single vampire got out from the shadows, along with Max who winked at me. I chuckled. "What? You close to him now?" I heard Caleb asked. "Well, with you not going to school and not talking to Ember. I had to hang out with someone." I stated. I can feel the rage but we all need that right now. I'll try not to slit Max's throat. Jay chuckled.

"You're going to fight?" I squinted my eyes and jumped high, I saw them running to each other and snapping their heads. I went to Jay. Kicking him from his back, he stumbled forward. "Boo." I stated, he smirked at me, using his speed to punch me but I knew how to duck. When I saw an opening, I punched his stomach and he flew back, not flying but he did jump backward, he nodded with a face that says "okay" and came after me. He jumped on me, his legs on either side of my stomach, I punched his face and he got off me, covering his face. I stood up as quick as I can, putting my fists in front of my face. He regained his balance and mirrored my fists. "You know, I was supposed to capture you but, I want to fight you first and kill you, right here, right now." He stated, a smirk appearing on his face. Jay was in front of me a second, punching my stomach, I literally flew back, I hit a tree. I heard a loud roar and a head snap. Will killed his fourth vampire. I grunted, my eyes focused on Jay, now. I want him to be the first vampire I kill. I ran towards him and kicked him from behind, he flew forward, hitting some other vampires.

I can feel my bones getting stronger, my vision clearer and my mind is filled with so many emotions. I ran towards him again, he was groaning and coughing from the air he lost when I kicked him. I put my legs on either side of his stomach as I continue to punch his jaw, his nose, everything. Until, he rolled us over. I used my arm to cover my face from his punch. I felt my arms hit my face every time he punch. With all energy I could get, I turned us over and snapped his head, a loud scream erupted from one of the vampires. A girl. Jay's dead. I stood up, walking bacwards from the body, everything around me was blurred, all the vampires fighting was nothing to what I'm feeling now. I killed Jay. I gulped when I saw a brown haired girl that looks like him kneeled beside him. "I'm sorry." I stated, she looked up at me with her red eyes, red from anger. "You did this!" She screamed.

"He was going to kill me too." I answered her as calmly I can. I killed his brother. Four more vampires surrounded me and I jumped into one of the trees, jumping away. The thought of getting my brother killed is not okay. Imagine what she's feeling right now. I stopped when I didn't hear cracking of necks and shouting. I sat down on a branch, my feet dangling in the air, one moment after another, my tears started dropping. Who was that girl who killed Jay? I heard a twig break below me and I looked down, I saw Max. "Wht are you doing here? Caleb will follow you, you know that." I stated, he used his jump to sit next to me. "I'll take that chance, most importantly, why are you here? Why are you crying?" He asked. "I killed Jay." That's a first. "He has a sister." I added. "I know." We sat in silence. "You want to know what I see when I look at you?" He asked, shoving me a bit. "Maybe." I murmured. "Well, when I look at you, I see a strong, determined girl who fights for what she believes. Now, do you believe you were the one who killed Jay?" He asked again, I stayed silent, looking at the branch and thinking. No. That wasn't me. I would never do that, vampire or not. "I'm not a murderer." I stated loudly. "I know. You drank too much of his blood. His blood is controlling you, the deer blood helps you to stay strong."

I sat up properly, staring at him. "You're saying that I'm drugged by his blood? I mean, his blood is controlling my body?" He nodded. "Kind of means like, he's marking you." He explained shortly and at that moment, we both heard footsteps, a rush of wind erupted beside me and Max was gone. I looked down. "Up here." He looked up, following Max's movements to get up and sit beside me. "What happened?" I chuckled, shaking my head. "I just freaked out. How's the Thaddeus?" This time, he did what I did. "It's like they've never faught in years. Strong. Fast." He stated, proud. I shoved him. "Go back and fight." He shook his head. "They retreated." I stared at him in shock. "Really?!" I asked in excitement. I guess that's why Max ran after me. "Let's go before they see us here." He jumped down and ran, I started jumping from tree to tree, swinging and doing back flips. I'm happy but at the back of my mind, I know that I have to talk to Caleb about the blood thing. He didn't know I was the one who killed Jay.