7

I stayed on Caleb's bed as he removed his shirt. I would be lying if I said I didn't like the view. He sat beside me, an awkward silence fell on the room as my eyes looked around. CD stacks, clean cabinets and a TV. Typical. "D-do you want to start?" He asked, I turned my head to him, his eyes were darker. "Is it okay?" I asked back, awkwardly facing him with my full body, he nodded, laying down. "What are you doing?" I ask in confusion. "It's easier laying down. Just lay on my stomach." He stated, I shrugged, placing each leg on his side. Gosh, he's so gorgeous. I let my hand rest on his chest. Cold. "Is this okay?" I asked once again and he nodded. I bit my lip, bending down to his neck, he tilted his head to the other side and I saw the bite. Gently, I put my teeth on it and two piece of it(where the fangs should be) went in, I tasted iron. I cringed but I continued, my hands found its way to his shoulders, I heard him groan as I sucked. His hands went to my waist, holding me still. The blood tasted good after a while, then, I felt a stinging sensation on my teeth, then my throat then my stomach. Caleb pulled me away, blood pouring out of his pale neck and my bloodshot lips. I was breathing heavily, my eyes getting blurry until I saw nothing.

*

"Is she okay? Why is she not awake? Was she good?" I heard questions after questions until I let out a low grunt. "Shut up, Mark." Another voice growled. "Rain. Rain. Are you okay?" I opened my eyes slowly, I saw one pair of concerned black eyes. "What time is it?" I asked, my voice was husky, low. Mark was with us, a worried expression on his face. I noticed that they had big black lines, then I remembered. Cage. Blood sucking and shirtless Caleb. "It's morning." Caleb answered, looking at me weirdly. "No wild reactions?" He added. I thought and waited. "No. Not one bit." Mark left but came back with a glass of water. He handed it to Caleb, Caleb motioned me to crawl forward and I did. He placed the glass on my lips and let me drink. After that, I sighed, leaning on the cold metal. "Maybe let me stay here for a bit. Just in case." I told them, biting my lip after. "Okay, if that's what you want." Mark stated, sitting on the ground beside Caleb. "You did good." He said, playing with my hair. "It felt good. Tasted horrible at first but in the end, it was like cotton candy." I chuckled out, they laughed softly. I looked down, I was wearing Caleb's shirt yesterday and some boxers. "Is this yours? You changed me?" I asked in shock, holding the shirt. Mark and Caleb panicked, saying that Mrs. Thaddeus and Meredith did, cleaning the blood and my hair. "Ey-Ey-Hold up." They stopped and stared at me. "They did that?" I asked in awe.

"Yes. Meredith wanted to do your hair but Synthia stated she should ask you when you wake up." I chuckled, Meredith is adorable, she had blonde hair and paler than the others. Even though she has a shitty life of hiding in the shadows, she spreads the joy of being different yet normal at the same time. "Where are they anyway?" I asked, playing with Caleb's shirt, it was maroon and it has a big white symbol on it. "They met up with the others. They were a lot and now they have another batch of good vampires." Mark answered, Caleb nodded in agreement. "They were earlier. They got here an hour after you finished." Caleb added. I stared down. All of this, for an avarage girl like me. "What if some good vampires die? Their friends or their families will hate me." I stated, Caleb clicked his tongue. "Not exactly. We've had this before but not in this family. To another clan, that time was a guy, vampire girls were fighting over him." Caleb explained. He started rubbing his palm.

"In the end, another clan got him, this time, though. It's bigger. " He finished. Mark joked with a dramatic sound which made us laugh, what a joker. "Because this time, it's a girl. Being a girl is special for vampires, they are our source of multiplying and pleasure." He stated after a laugh and Mark covered his ears. Pleasure? "Girls are disgusting." I rolled my eyes but I laughed in the end. "How are you feeling now?" Caleb asked. "Normal. Though I feel alert and tense." They nodded. "It's been five minutes. Joe said let her go if she hadn't done out of the blue after five minutes." Mark reminded and Caleb opened the door for me and I had to hold on to the metal for support. Caleb was already beside me, helping me out and putting me on his bed. "Is your blood in me now?" I asked Caleb, looking at my visible veins. "Yes. But it would be gone in like, three days." He answered. "I have to feed. I'll see you with the others." Mark stated and before I could say good bye, he had left. "Pleasure? Really?" He nodded, rubbing his face. "That's what they want. I want my own family." Caleb answered and I looked down. I want a family too. "That would be with me?" I asked, turning my head in his direction. "Only if you want to. Or you can only stay until you're safe." His eyes were soul less but I knew deep down it had hope. Hoping that I would say yes. I liked him, a lot, even before I drank his blood. Even if he killed two of the nicest people in town, he was tempted. "Just promise me you won't feed on human again." I told him.

"I promise." He stated, still staring at me with his empty eyes. I sighed, then I remembered I haven't brushed my teeth, slowly, I stood up and Caleb rushed to help but I gave him a smile and shooed him away. "I have to brush my teeth." He nodded, still guiding me as I took one step at a time with his soft carpet. I was still feeling weak and tired but have no energy to sleep. We reached the bathroom and I went in, tying my hair on a low pony tail. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, after that, I dried my face and saw Caleb staring at me. "Would you stop that." I stated with a small smile. "Sorry. You just look, beautiful." I wanted to laugh. Beautiful? I guess so. I mean, mom is beautiful, maybe I got it from her? He helped me down the kitchen, I sat down as he went to the counter, getting a cold blood from the fridge, it was labelled deer. "This is for you." I gagged a bit. "Why?" I asked. "Well, you feel weak and tired now but after a while, you become stronger and as you said, alert." I nibble on my lower lip. "So basically, you're making me a half vampire." I murmured as he placed the blood in front of me. "It's better having in-human strength and speed than normal." I added before poking the cold blood. I stared it. Dead on the spot before I slowly brought it to my lips.

I used the same teeth, making holes on the plastic and drank up. It tasted horrible but I didn't stop. There was a burning senstion on my throat and teeth that I thought my head is going to blow. My eyes were tightly closed, my hands can feel the blood getting drained from the plastic. Once I was done, I opened my eyes, my vision was astonishing and my hearing is beyond out of control. I heard a dog bark, it made me turn my head a girl shouted, making me turn my head again, I brought my hands to my ears, sliding down. I saw Caleb squat in front of me. I kept hearing them, my eyes kept wandering around like I was lost. The shouts, the chirps of the annoying birds, it was non-stop. Not until Caleb placed a hand on my knee, it lessened, slowly, drifting like water. "What was that?" I asked, he sighed. "The deer blood had an effect on you. It made your hearing and sight sharp. You can hear some human's thoughts." I nodded slowly. I didn't feel weak or strong. Just normal, although I can hear a lot of thoughts and I can see ants from across the room. "Am I going to fight as well?" I asked but he shook his head. "You can't fight." He answered, staring into my eyes like he can change my mind, he can't even read it. "I can't fight, but I will fight." I stated, staring into his usual dark eyes with focus and determination.