From Fire...

(Meta's Past pov.)

Death.

Destruction.

This is all meta could see.
A very powerful wizard known to many as nightmare sent his minions to take over his village.

Weak.

Worthless.

This was the only way he could think of himself knowing all he can do is either continue watching, or run for dear life.

"run boy!"

Meta turned to see a man at least 100 years older than him fighting back the boards of monsters. He remembered this man. His name was Arthur. The two were good friends.

All of a sudden he heard a shriek. This one was from someone  he recogmized.

Death.

He saw his mother on the ground, guts on the floor. His father over her, his sword warm with fresh blood. His fathers eyes were a darker shade of red than blood red.
Meta's father soon chased after Meta, ready to end meta's life. Meta was chased into.a corner, with no place to run. He closed his eyes, and prepared for his fate. Meta heard a loud scream of pain, but it was not his. he saw arthurs sword. In his fathers side, blood gushing everywhere.

Meta did not allow himself to speak. He knew he would cry. He just lost his parents.

Meta's father turned back for a split second before he died. He said one sentence.
"be a hero you are meant to be, and don't fail like I did."

"goodbye father. May you shine bright among the stars."

Meta soon started to sob.

The violence had stopped. Without meta's corrupted father to lead the demons, the beast's fled.

When meta was done crying, Meta looked at Arthur, and they both knew they had a long journey ahead.