Part 1!

Here we are, the beginning of the story! I really hope people like it (-; ) Also, whenever I put (y/n), it means your name!
----
You stared blankly at the counter. The air smelled of grease and french fries in the restaurant. You sat at the stool quietly. There were people around, and yet, you were still alone. Everyone else was too busy doing their thing to notice you. There were a few monsters eating food, dogs playing cards, another dog losing poker against himself... Where were you again?
Oh, yeah, you were in Grillby's.
You didn't remember why you went there. You didn't even want any food. Oh, now you remembered. You were there because there was absolutely nothing else better to do. It's not like any of your friends had any time at the moment.
Undyne was busy trying to teach Papyrus how to cook, and you knew that that would always get rough. Mettaton was probably busy kicking people in the face or something just to show off his legs. Alphys was likely watching anime and you didn't want to bother her while she did that. Napstablook was god-knows-where. Sans, uh, you forgot what he was doing.
Sans.
He was great... No, more than great. To you at least. You wanted to get closer to him, but you never really knew what he was doing, and you felt like it'd be creepy to try and track him down or something. Just thinking about him brought a smile to your face.
You popped out of your train of thought when someone sat down next to you. Turning your head, you saw him.
Of course, it was Sans. The same one you were just thinking about. Who else would it be, anyway? It's not like any of your other friends would even go into Grillby's.
"hey, y/n. 'sup?" Sans smiled at you as you looked up.
"Oh! Sans!" You were surprised. "Uh, nothing much... What're you doing here?"
"thought i'd get a snack. besides, i saw you lookin' a little bonely," Leave it up to him to make a pun apon coming into the scene. He laughed at his own joke.
You shook your head at the joke. Although sometimes it was hard to manage the fact that he was always cracking puns, you could deal with it. "I guess I didn't really have anything to do. I mean, I haven't even ordered anything. I've just been sitting here the whole time..." You shrugged. You were trying really hard not to show it, but you were super glad he showed up. Not only because now you had something to do, but because he was the one that showed up.
"you look really hungry, bro," He explained. "here. i'm gonna be getting some food, so i'll get you something, too." He nodded to himself.
"What? No, no... You don't need to get me anything. It's okay..." You were secretly really hungry, but you sure didn't want to make him buy it for you!
"hey, it's the least i can do for a friend. what do you want?" He asked.
"...Okay, but I'll pay you back for this eventually...I guess a burger would be okay..." You answered and smiled at him.  You cracked a little when he said 'friend', since you wished it could be more than that, but you knew that it'd have to stay a friendship for the time being.
"alright, burger it is." Sans nodded at your response. "grillby, could i get a burger?" He asked.
Wait. You stopped for a second. A burger? As in, one burger? Did he ignore the fact that you asked for something to eat? No, he wouldn't do that... Wait...
"You only got one burger!" You said quickly. "You didn't even get anything for yourself! I'm not gonna make you pay for this... Did you even come here to eat something in the first place or was it just for... Me...?" The moment you said it your face went a little hot.
"i'm a skeleton. it's not like i need to eat anyway. besides, i didn't want to leave you feelin' down and alone." He shrugged. "i don't wanna make ya pay for this, so don't sweat it."
"But I-" You were cut off as the burger was brought out. You expected it to be put out in front of Sans, but Grillby gave it to you instead. You were surprised, to say the least. You sighed. "I almost feel bad for eating this. I also don't want you to watch me eat. You can go if you want,"
"nah. it's chill. i don't have any appetite anyway." Sans shrugged. "besides, i don't want to leave you alone. then neither you or me would have anything to do, and that's no fun, is it?"
You looked at the plate, then at Sans.
"If you say so, I guess..."
It didn't come through in your tone of voice, but you were actually really happy that Sans was going to stay with you. It'd mean you could spend time with him, which was always the best.
You picked up the burger and ate it. Had you had one of these before? They were really good!

You finished eating and you and Sans headed out of Grillby's.
"Hey, uh, thanks for that... I'll pay you back, I swear," you explained.
"anytime, man. i don't need to be paid back, though." Sans smiled at you.
"Are you sure? Ah, I'd feel bad if I didn't repay you in some way..." You scratched at your cheek.
"you can pay me back by hanging out with me some more. it's cool to be with you." He offered.
"Oh! Of course! I mean, I like to hang out with you, too!" You nodded. You were super flustered. Trying not to blush, you smiled. Despite your efforts, your cheeks were dusted pink. If he asked, you could just say it was the cold of Snowdin.
"alright, we're gonna have a skele-ton of fun."
You couldn't believe it. You were so happy. You were going to hang out with Sans for at least a little while-and that was long enough for you.
----
I'm finaly done! It took longer than I expected... I'll try and write more soon! Thank you for reading-hope you like it so far (=ω) 🍥🍥