Chapter 1: Part 6

Hera stood and glared back at the hole that carved into the rock.

"Well whatever those things are they cant take the sun." She said.

"Good..." Sabine began. "But you see that asteroid?"

All three of us turned our heads to the sky.

"That's going to black the sun for a long time." I noted.

Hera crossed her arms over her chest. "How long?"

"I don't know! Long enough for us to become lunch!" Sabine threw her hands in the air.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Well it's a good thing we weren't planning on staying. We should get going."

The girls agreed and we walked over to the last two creates, and leading them on their anti-grav back to the Phantom.

"These are the last ones." Sabine confirmed.

Sabine jumped into the shuttle, with me right on her tail.

"Good lets go." Hera said as the door closed behind me and she flopped down to her controls.

I was in the midst of taking off my quiver when I heard Hera gasp.

"No no no no no!"

"What is it?" I asked.

"We had nearly a full tank when we landed!" Sabine came up behind her. "And now we're out of fuel?!"

"What? How?" Sabine looked down at the controls and punched a few buttons.

"Ezra and Zeb finished the inspection when we came back right?" I asked.

"They should have, but something tells me they didn't." Hera then pushed a few buttons and spoke into he com unit.

"Spectre 2 to Spectre 4 come in. Spectre 2 to Spectre 4 come in!"

Moments later Zebs voice came in on the com. "Go ahead Spectre 2."

"You did run a full diagnostic on the Phantom right?" Hera asked.

"Of course." 

"And you checked the results?" Hera asked.

There was sickening silence on the other end.

Sabine face palmed. "They didn't."

Finally Zeb's voice returned. "Uhm... Spectre 2...there might be a small problem with the fuel line..."

"Small problem?! Guys we have a situation!" Hera spoke into the com unit urgently. "We are out of fuel at this base and the worst part is we aren't alone. There are creatures here that are violent and are going to attack soon. Get Spectre 1 and tell him to come to this location immediately!"

"I'm getting you to Spectre 1 now." There was more silence... Then I could make out brikering faintly.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh boys."

Kanan's voice then came through the com. "On our way Spectre 2. Ghost out."

Hera opened the doors to the Phantom and stepped outside taking a good look at the asteroid threading to block the sun.

"Guys. They're not going to get here before that asteroid blocks the sun." I told the group.

"I guess we can hold up in the Phantom?" Sabine asked.

"Judging by the torn up shuttle in there," Hera pointed to the cave. "Hiding in the Phantom wont protect us. It could get grim."

I nodded in agreement.

"Well... I'll take grim right now." Sabine began walking away towards a huge red canister, about 3/4 of my height. I followed her over.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Knew I'd recognized the markings. Sparks, Hera let me introduce you to my oldest and most explosive friend. Rydonium."

I raised my eyebrows. "Hi."

"So what's your plan?" Hera asked.

"Since we don't know how many of those things are in there, we'll set up groups of these canisters and set them off to take them out a wave at a time."

"How are we gonna get the creatures close enough to be effective?" Hera asked.

"We're gonna need bait... Which we don't have." I sighed.

"Of course we do." Sabine said. "We are it."

Realization sunk in, along with a bit of panic. "Ohhhhhhhh."  Oh shit.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's get started."