CHAPTER 8 - "I blame you."

I sat up as Luke propped his laptop up on his knees. He looked at me, itching the back of his neck a little awkwardly, "Now, don't laugh at us if you don't think we're good. I swear we've gotten better since these..."

"Aw, I can't wait." I beamed, watching as he typed in his password and clicked a file on his desktop called '5SOS', "five es oh es? What's that stand for?"

Luke cringed a little and laughed, "5 Seconds of Summer, shortened to 5SOS." He corrected my pronunciation and I understood why he'd cringed.

"Let's listen then!"

He clicked on a video link entitled 'Try Hard', which opened and began playing a song.

I couldn't help but laugh initially as I was greeted by a video of the boys on a rollercoaster, their hair blowing in the wind along with their cheeks. But as the singing started I realised just how good they were.

Obviously when Luke sung when we were hanging out I was always secretly a little blown away, but this properly showed me how talented he was – and the rest of the boys too.

I grinned at him, catching him looking at me and making him blush.

"You're so good! Did you guys write this as well?" I practically gushed, feeling like one of the fans at his shows and bursting with pride.

"Calum and I did..." He continued blushing, "You really think it's good?"

"It's amazing and you know it is!"

"I don't know... this band is pretty dumb." He tried not to smile but couldn't contain himself, what a dork.

"I want to watch you guys, next practise."

Luke wrapped an arm around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, clicking on another one of the videos – noticeably trying to get more compliments, "I'd like that a lot."

A couple of days after Michael kissed me, and after Luke and I almost got caught in the act by his brother, the boys had invited me to one of their practices. It was in Michael's garage. Michael, who I hadn't seen since the incident. I'd texted, asking to talk about it, but he'd ignored me, and when I saw Luke yesterday he'd said that Michael wasn't feeling very well.

Yeah. Right.

Their practice started at four, that's when Luke had offered to drive me over, so I was going in about five minutes – an hour early. We had to talk about this otherwise we'd feel awkward around each other forever.

My mum was driving me actually, which was kind of embarrassing, especially seeing as she was so in love with the idea of me and Michael dating these days.

"He's very good looking, don't you think?"

"Sure," I replied, amused, "Why don't you date him, Mum? Seeing as you won't shut up about him."

"Only thing I don't like is that loud hair!"

"He dyed it again." I smiled a little, despite the kiss I obviously still liked Michael, and the picture he'd put on twitter of his hair looked pretty great.

"Ooh! Brown? Blonde?"

"Purple and blue. Like a galaxy, kinda."

"Oh... I suppose that is a... bold choice."

"Mum, stop judging him. You're meant to love him, remember?" I rolled my eyes at her and she shut up, which was good as we'd arrived on his street and she was beginning to pull up, "I'll see you later."