CHAPTER 11 - "Sweet dreams!"

(Still Luke's POV)

"Luke?" I paused, hearing my mum call as she came along the hallway and towards my door. I growled quietly, releasing my clenched fists and sitting down.

"Yeah?" I replied, my voice sounding a little angry where I was unable to mask it.

"Just checking you boys were decent," She laughed a little, bringing in a tray with drinks and snacks on. I rolled my eyes but thanked her anyway; she'd been doing this since I was a kid, as though I couldn't pour drinks for myself, "Having a nice time?"

"Yeah, mum. Michael was leaving, though."

"Oh, I was going to invite him to stay for lunch!"

"He doesn't want to, I don't think."

"No, Liz. I'd love to, if you're offering." Michael grinned at my mum and I gritted my teeth, the anger still bubbling inside me, why was he doing this?

"I thought you had a thing?"

"It can wait." Michael smiled at me, then nodded at my mum who left the room a little confused.

"May I ask why you're staying for fucking food?"

"You can't hit me if your mum's gonna be sitting with us." He replied, but his smile had faded, "Luke, it wasn't how it sounds. Let me explain?"

"Explain why you kissed my girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend... I seriously didn't know your relationship had progressed so far. You've known her, what, a month?"

"I've known her for fucking years."

"And then stopped knowing her for three?"

"Things clicked." I mumbled, staring at my shoes. I was furious, but he was making me feel like shit. Meeting Belle again had felt like hardly any time had passed, I felt just as close to her as I had before she left, but the relationship had been a little rushed.

"I'm happy for you." Michael sighed, "It wasn't about her."

"Who then? Lucy?" I growled and he winced, shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair, "Was it just some petty revenge? Seriously? Like I need to be reminded of her?"

"Lucy was a mistake, and I know none of it was down to you. Just like this was a mistake."

"Did she kiss you back?"

"No. She was angry."

I smiled a little, then shook it off, "Did you think she would?"

"No – I didn't think about it at all. I – Remember that time we went out and came back to hers?"

"Yeah?" I asked, unable to tell myself why I was actually letting him explain. I'd usually have been even angrier, violent. That's the kind of person I am, or was. But he was right; I couldn't hit him if he was staying for food, my mum would see. And honestly, I didn't really want to hit him.

"She told me I was beautiful when I complained about Calum and Ashton's luck with girls, nobody really does that."

"Come on, Michael... She wasn't flirting." I rolled my eyes, downing the drink my mum had brought up, "She was making you feel better."

"I know, but it was nice. It made drunk me happy, as silly as that is. I'm sorry about that, but it did. I don't have a crush on your girlfriend, nor do I want any revenge, the kiss was a desperate... I don't even know. It wasn't anything. I was confused."

I nodded slowly, for some reason he'd made me feel a little guilty. "Girls like you."

Michael raised his eyebrows and nodded slowly, "Yeah... Sure."