Chapter 1: Departure

AN: Thank you so much for considering this story. It truly means a lot to me. Please don't judge this too harshly, for this is my first story I have ever actually written, in my life. Sorry for any mistakes with the writing in general, because as I said before, this is my first story. Like, I know the speaking quotations and sentences aren't properly spaced out and stuff. Also, the chapters are kind of short because I don't know what I'm doing, and this book is short because I again don't know what I'm doing lol. However, the last chapter is pretty long I'm sorry. Happy reading!

- Natalie
-------------------------------------------------------

"Harry no!" I yelled. "You can't do this! I need to help you defeat him!"
"Hermione! It's too dangerous. I need Draco to take you to the professors' house!" he replied. I put my hands on my hips, ready to argue.
"Hermione just listen to him. It's for your own safety" says Ron. He then opens the portal.
"See you in a month!" Draco shouts as we fall through the portal.

As we tumble through the portal and land on the ground, Draco reaches over to brush some hair away from my face. I take his hand and help him get up. Right in front of us is a huge brick mansion. "This must be the professors' house" I say to Draco. He nods and we begin walking to the wooden front door. I knock three times, and we wait. I check my watch to see that it reads 9:30 am. Suddenly, the large door creaks open, and two boys who look my age appear and welcome us into the house. Draco and I are lead by the boys into the dining room, where an elderly man sits at a long, wooden dining table.

"I've been expecting you" he says as we enter the room. "Hermione, Draco, this is Peter, and this is Edmund" he says pointing to them. "I'm Hermione, pleasure to meet you." I say as they look at me. "And I'm Draco."
"So, shall we go to the common room then?" Peter asks. "Sure." I respond.

The four of us enter the common room, and Draco closes the door behind him. I take a look around and oh my gosh, it looks almost like the Gryffindor Common Room. I feel like I'm back at Hogwarts. Ah Hogwarts. I wonder how Harry and Ron are doing. I should really sneak back there and fight. I mean, really. Why would they send Draco and I here, when we could be helping fight against Voldemort and ending him once and for all? I don't understand. I know they are worried about my safety, but I don't care if I die. That's the least of my worries. Defeating Voldemort is the main goal. Now I have to wait a month to find out what's going on.

"What do you guys want to do? We have board games, card games, all sorts of things." Edmund says breaking the awkward silence. "Wow! This is a really interesting painting. I love it." Draco remarks as Peter, Edmund, and I turn around to see what he is looking at. "Yes. It is quite the work of art." Peter says studying the painting. It really is a cool painting. I'm intrigued by it. That beautiful ship, with deep purple billowing sails, cruising over the whitecap waves of an ocean. Now I'm studying the waves. What great movement this artist has captured in this art. It's almost as if the waves are moving.