Chapter 8: What Happened

"When we find him, I'm going to strangle him." Peter commented as we walked further and further into the lush, green forest. "I was telling myself the same thing." Edmund said and stepped out from behind a tree, a smirk on his face. "Ed! Where did you go?! You can't just sneak off like that!" Peter yelled in rage while walking towards him. "Oh I'm sorry. Did I make my babysitter mad?" Edmund replied in a taunting way. "Enough of this! Come on, let's go!" Peter exclaimed while reaching for Edmund. Edmund just pushed his arm away. "Ed!" Peter yelled.

I walked up to Edmund. "Edmund," I said calmly. "We have to go so we can help Caspian. Don't you want to help him?" "No! I'm done following all of you and just tagging along!" He shouted in response. Then he grabbed my shoulders, and shoved me to the ground. I quickly got up, and Peter lunged for him. Edmund tried to step out of the way, but Peter tackled him to the ground. "Get off me!" Edmund yelled, trying to punch Peter in the face.

After a bit, Edmund just stopped fighting and allowed Peter to hold him down. "What happened to you?" Peter asked finally able to question him. "Wait Peter look. Do you see his eyes? He's been possessed by something." I said noticing a weird look in his eyes. He then began whispering something in what seemed to be Latin. None of us could understand what he was saying, but after a minute, he stopped. "What the heck was that Ed?" Peter asked. "You'd better start running." Edmund replied with a big grin on his face.

"Oh, we're not going anywhere until you explain everything that's happened to you!" Peter said aggressively. Caspian took in a sharp breath. "What?" I said turning towards him. "This must have been the White Witch!" He said seriously. "That's right." Edmund commented. "She's too powerful for you. You can't defeat her, no one can!" Edmund yelled. "Edmund!" yelled Peter. "You have to fight this witch, don't let her take over you, this isn't you!"

Edmund began shaking violently, and his eyes changed back to normal. "What just happened?" He questioned looking around. "It was the White Witch Ed. She's messing with you again." Peter replied. There was a brief moment of awkward silence, until Draco decided to break it.

"So..." He said looking at the ground. "Uh, Caspian, how exactly are we going to defeat your father?"

"Let's head back to the base where we will discuss that." Caspian replied.